SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I'm in the market for a wagon and the V40 has caught my eye. Based on what I've read here it appears it will suit my needs/desires (reliability, quality, economy, attractive and fun to drive) perfectly.

What options would your recommend? I'm leaning toward metalic paint and leather. Sun roof would be nice too.

What should I expect to pay?

What sort or maintenance is required? We have an 02 passat sedan that so far has ben a good car but dealer service has been horrible (overfilling oil, not changing filters but charging us for them ...).

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: V40 recommendations (JustsayMo)

As a fellow VW nut, I've found that Volvo customer service tends to be better than VW (in general, bear in mind that's a case by case thing).

If you can find a 2002 left over, they might offer you a sweet deal. Otherwise, I think the current promotion car at Volvo is a silver V40 with certain options. I'd bet that one of the dealers on here could give you more info on that though.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: V40 recommendations ([email protected])

The 2003 V40 is a better deal because (1) there are no 2002 V40s left and (2) every 2003 V40 gets lots of cash back and (3)a 2003 V40 produced in October or later gets 10HP extra (170 vs. 160).

Yannis

·
Registered
530 Posts
Re: V40 recommendations (JustsayMo)

I can only give you comments based on our 2000 S40. Maintenance has actually been a treat - much LESS expensive and LESS frequency then the Honda's we owned prior which was a real surprise. True, service at each dealership is an individual experience, but I found in general Volvo is quite good. The trend we found was that the smaller dealerships actually have better service. They don't have a large volume and really live by the Volvo North America surveys that follow each servicing and keeping what customers they have happy. Regarding options, we purchased our S40 in Boston and greatly appreciated the cold weather package. Leather is an individual taste - we don't particularly like the leather Volvo uses thus found it not worth the extra cost. We also do not have the electric seats - that is something we wish we had as it would make re-adjustment much easier when the driver changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.