SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah $47k for a hatchback... Doubt that'll fly. That's 1.5x what a Golf R or C30 R-Design will run you...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah $47k for a hatchback... Doubt that'll fly. That's 1.5x what a Golf R or C30 R-Design will run you...
Yeah... but you wouldn't be driving a VW (they aren't an entry level luxury brand like Volvo, and we use to own two in the family, so I do love VWs)... it's AWD and 4 doors unlike the C30... and it's at 280hp, not the 250ish than the R is at.

Sure it's premium for a small car, but to some it's worth it over the aforementioned options.

Also, aren't Golf Rs close to $40K?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Golf R's are low 30's
That's the price in the USA. The number you need for a valid comparison is the price in the UK, which isn't simply a matter of currency conversion.

UK Prices
V40 Polestar (projected) $47K
Golf R base $50K
S60 T4 powershift (180 hp 4-cyl) base $44K (vs $32K base for the 250-hp T5 in the US)

A V40 with the same 5-cyl engine as the US S60 plus a Polestar tune and AWD would have to be priced in the USA below an S60 T5 AWD ($34K base) plus around $1500 for the polestar tune, assuming no significant additional features.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I take back what I said earlier lol. I did not notice that $47k is a direct currency conversion rate... So looks like there's hope after all!! With the C30 demand here being strong, I can already see V40 Polestars on the showroom floor...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Golf Rs are into the 30Ks... in the U.S. But this is bigger and more upscale than a Golf R. The new Mercedes A-Class AMG is its benchmark and that only has FWD. But keep in mind that the U.S. gets price reductions otherwise you would be having 60 and 70K S60s here instead of 40-50K ones. It's always been like that between the U.S. and Europe.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
You guy have to remember the UK - Prices are always $12,000 - $16,000 Higher then USA .

If they Threw the Custom Intake and Custom SS Exhaust , Big Brakes etc. - plus AWD it would be a Nice Package !

It's most likely just a CAI & Program Bump on the AWD - 2013 T5 which has 9:5 - 1 Compression and Over Boost Mode .

That looks like a Nice Place to Bolt a K-16 Thou !

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jesus this can't come soon enough. Please send it stateside!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Oh, Daaaannnnnng, that is one fine looking car.

Sign me up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts