SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to use Mirror Tap to power my V1 and I have taken the black plastic cover of the rear view mirror but do not know which connection to tap into. Any idea which one has the power? TIA

TomC

·
Registered
232 Posts
How are you going to mount your V1 to the mirror, BlendMount does not make an attachment?
Are you just going to have a short straight wire from the tap to the V1?-Richard

·
Registered
36 Posts
Trying to use Mirror Tap to power my V1 and I have taken the black plastic cover of the rear view mirror but do not know which connection to tap into. Any idea which one has the power? TIA

TomC
Hey TomC, did you ever figure out how/where to tap in with the MirrorTap? I'm looking to do the same on my 2015.5 S60.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
I tapped mine not into the mirror but into a harness behind the dome light and sunroof switch area - that cover just pries off.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Pardon the newbie question, but is the V1 affected by the radar cruise?
No, but the LIDAR detection will pick up the collision warning laser reflecting off traffic in front of you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My favorite tool for solving this exact problem is called the Power Probe. It's a small electrical tester with a sharp pointy end you can either touch to open connections or stab carefully into a wire; it beeps one tone for + and another for ground. Very simple to check for power, switched power, etc. and totally indispensable for rewiring or troubleshooting electrical on a boat trailer or something similar. You can also use it to GIVE 12v power or ground, as it has to be connected to the car via power outlet or direct to battery. Anyway...

I'm subscribing to this thread, if we end up getting the 2012 XC70 we're looking at this week, I'll want to put a V1 setup in the car.

I've always just tapped into a 12V switched empty fuse slot in the fuse box, then run a wire up along the edge of the windshield behind the panels.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I would be very careful trying to tap into any wires around the mirror because Volvo uses a digital wiring harness, meaning that most electrical functions are controlled by the ECU. Trying to tap into a wire may send a code to your system or worse. I hard wired a GPS to the fuse panel on the firewall behind/under the glove box. It is the fuse for the accessories socket. I mounted the GPS on the windshield on the left right next to the post and ran the wires behind the plastic cover on the left of the dash panel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts