SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a description of how to remove the rear side trim to get acess to the rear shock towers? Want to check if the mounting points are OK.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
We talking on a V70 right, assuming from your choice of letter in your topic

NO, who says you need to remove the sides? You just remove the floor panels and you can get to the top of the rear shocks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - talking '04 V70R.

Aha - floor panels only? Maybe we are talking same thing - the panels that start at the floor and end right below rear side windows?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
lol, yeah...i thought you talking about the ones under the rear windows on the side.

crap, if you dont have a third row you might have to remove the panel closest to the rear seats. i forget, it has been a while and i did my rear shocks after i got the third row installed.

cars with third row just need to lift up one panel that is closest to the rear seats and it pulls up and out. no third row might need that panel unbolted out.

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
You should have two panels that cover the spare wheel, and other bits. I think it's the one right behind the seat that you need to get into. I watched someone finish up my suspension, and that's where they were working.

·
Registered
685 Posts
It's the panel that's in front of the panel in the rear floor that holds the spare tire. If you remove the panel and pull up the sound insulation blanket, you can clearly see the tops of the shock towers.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the panel that's in front of the panel in the rear floor that holds the spare tire. If you remove the panel and pull up the sound insulation blanket, you can clearly see the tops of the shock towers.
OK, excellent. thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts