SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had John do some head work for me and paid for a bunch of other parts, against the advice of pretty much the whole internet. I thought I wouldn't get cheated, but I did, just like so many others. He did do the head work (I think) and he sent me -most- of the parts. But he still stiffed me on the ARP rod bolts that I waited on for nearly a year, and while I do think he was being truthful in the headache that ARP was being in not making the parts, when I finally gave up and asked for a refund, he completely clammed up, and would neither reply nor refund me for the rod bolts or the head gasket I was also owed. I called many times, left multiple messages, emailed him many times asking for a refund, and he just wouldn't do it.

The man is a snake. Stay away from doing business with him unless you live nearby and can go over forcibly extract the parts or money he owes you.

John, if you read this, give me my money back and I'll remove this post. All I want is my money back. Prove me wrong that you aren't a thieving jerk.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You are howling at the moon. Count yourself lucky that all you got stiffed on was a set of rod bolts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How does the guy get away with it? He's been doing it for years, he's a well known quantity, yet people keep going to him despite all the warnings--and then get bit. I also don't understand why he hasn't been arrested and charged with fraud. Has no one taken the trouble to file a complaint? 142 Guy, I think you may have hit the nail on the head; those who live locally simply extract their money out of him. Those living at a distance don't want to bother with filing with the local authorities--and the inevitable requirement that they would have to travel to rural PA to testify and appear at hearings numerous times. I expect that Parker knows all this, and keeps skating away with other people's money. The only thing we can do in a case like this is believe in Cosmic Karma, and the knowledge that in the end he will get his just deserts. He may not make the correlation when it's happening, but we have to believe that it will happen. I don't want to wish evil on anyone, but fortunately CK will take care of administering justice independently of our wishes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts