SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a used radar unit and correct steering wheel buttons, is there any way to activate Radar cruise in V-Dash? This is one option I really wish I looked for when I bought my s60 and if I can add it at minimal cost.

Registered
I don't know. But I believe the radar is expensive shiz, even as a used part. And if I recall correctly, isn't there some windshield equipment like lasers or x ray vision or something also integrated in the adaptive cruise? If that's the case then you need both whatever that module is, as well as a new windshield. Radar also needs calibration (which I can't recall if it's something you can do at home but if not then that's another visit to the dealer).

Registered
I don't know. But I believe the radar is expensive shiz, even as a used part. And if I recall correctly, isn't there some windshield equipment like lasers or x ray vision or something also integrated in the adaptive cruise? If that's the case then you need both whatever that module is, as well as a new windshield. Radar also needs calibration (which I can't recall if it's something you can do at home but if not then that's another visit to the dealer).
Isn't the ACC module in the grille?

Registered
It's in the windshield aswell, also I think it's really costly or not even possible at all to retrofit

Samsung Galaxy S10+ via Tapatalk

Registered
If I buy a used radar unit and correct steering wheel buttons, is there any way to activate Radar cruise in V-Dash? This is one option I really wish I looked for when I bought my s60 and if I can add it at minimal cost.
Best thing to do is email Pavel if the option exists. When you have VDASH running you may be able to scroll through the menu and see what options can be enabled.

As for the parts, most of them are available used off ebay for very reasonable prices. Some obstacles I see are wiring, since this wouldn't be something that is plug and play unless you got lucky and your car already had the correct dash harness, as it looks like that one or two of the things you need to make it work are buried in the dash. This may mean needing to replace the dash harness and possibly the dashboard panel to retrofit. In addition, you will most likely have to pull the front bumper cover and run the wiring harness through the firewall to the ICM, and then swap out the windshield sensor. Nothing so far sound that difficult, just time intense. However, the biggest issues I see is software, since calibration will be needed and your ICM will need to be updated for it. Perhaps a work around may be finding a salvaged car, gathering all the parts you need PLUS the ICM and you may get lucky.

https://usparts.volvocars.com/showA...ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts