1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$150! V-50 R-Design Front Bumper For Sale; S40 Conversion

UPDATED LINK **

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231085256319

What's up guys...won't be doing the V50 conversion after all....ended up letting the Volvo go for a bimmer :facepalm:

Here goes:

Snagged it off ebay for $375 shipped. Just the lip brand new is $300....I used to do autobody repair so the plastic repair to the chunk out of the bottom was no biggie. Pretty flat surface, very easy DIY job, probably cost about $50 worth of supplies.

Overall mission, was to give the S40 what Volvo should have from the factory!!:mad:

VS.

......the plan was to finish of the rear by chopping up a C70 rear bumper(identical dimensions) then going with the Heico diffuser/exhaust add on.

Someone please finish this combo for me!! I know it will look amazing.

I can do $325 shipped on the bumper in the United States.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
ended up letting the Volvo go for a bimmer :facepalm:
How dare you?!?! Are you happy?

Is the C70 rear bumper really the same dimensions? For the pre-facelift or the facelift? I've always found the details around the exhaust to be better on the C70...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How dare you?!?! Are you happy?

Is the C70 rear bumper really the same dimensions? For the pre-facelift or the facelift? I've always found the details around the exhaust to be better on the C70...
Lol eeeehhh, its 50/50....I was really pissed Volvo stopped offering the awd for 2011 in the S40, I knew I wanted one but didn't want to spend the cash for the S60. The biggest killer though was just this freaakinnn transmission...It really pisses me off to see Volvo so far behind, doesn't make sense. The way this bimmer drives is amazing just based on the way the tranny delivers its power(with a REAL sport mode!!) & its just a 328i xdrive(2010). I just needed a little something easier to play with until I can grab a second gen S60 T6, I don't buy first gen anything haha.

Any yes sir, you can get the C70 rear bumper in place with a simple chop, the main dimension are all identical, its just the trunk of the C70 inverted towards the center so it won't "bolt up" to our rear per say. Not a difficult task for a capable body shop.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*BUMP* still for sale...taking offers before I throw it on eBay.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BUMP Still here....

Anyone want this bumper for cheap, lmk, I just need to clear out Space at this point, the shipping shouldn't cost much.

$150 shipped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if this bumper will also fit if i want to put it on my Volvo S40 2007. I know I have to change my headlights, but is there something else I also should modify instead of plug&play?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if this bumper will also fit if i want to put it on my Volvo S40 2007. I know I have to change my headlights, but is there something else I also should modify instead of plug&play?

Thanks
The fronts are the same between the S40 and V50. So yes, it'll fit up just like an S40 facelift bumper would.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUMP

Bumper is still available.

been away for a while...responded back to all PMs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*Sale pending with McCahill77*

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump.

Still for sale. Updated eBay listing in first post. :)

Lets get her gone guys & gals!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it possible for me to put this on my 07 s40 t5 without having to change anything? I don't have the facelift or anything like that. Would that mean I have to change my headlights or...?

Sorry I'm clueless I just got my car this past week and I've been trying to read up on it because I really want to do this conversion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts