SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded in my 2000 S70 GLT-SE. It had 115k miles on it. I had the ECM, ABS, ETC, alternator, brakes (all) and tires replaced within the last 2 months before I sold it. I had spent over 10k on repairs and upgrades and the car was in pristine condition. I WORSHIPPED this car. I had the biggest sense of pride when I drove this car. I even had 4 years and 60k miles left on an extensive warranty. I traded it in on my dream car, an '07 S60 r with 54k miles. I had wanted one for a very long time and when I saw this one, I had to have it. I really miss my S70. It was paid for, ran incredible and needed nothing. I love the R but I just don't feel like I did when I drove the S70. I know, boo hoo. I lost a ton on it when I traded it in, too. Not that I ever expected to get what I put into it, but $3500 makes parting with it that much worse. Turns out, my dream car was the one I already had.:(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like you shouldn't have traded it in.. Should have just kept both. Bummer tho dude..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you shouldn't have traded it in.. Should have just kept both. Bummer tho dude..
Totally. But I'm a chick. Girls can be Volvo lovers too! ;0

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Ahhhh! That's a sad story, I know how you feel. Most of us have put so much money into their cars that it is almost never feasible to get rid of them. I hope the next owner of your car loves it as much as you did, that's all you can hope for!

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
What were the last 6 of the S70s VIN number?

·
Administrator
55,890 Posts
I know the feeling. I should have held on to my '00 V70R instead of trading it for a '04 V70R (back in '04). My '00 V70R was a blast, it's one of those I should have kept.

The P2 Rs are fun cars, enjoy the one you have now and hopefully you will grow to love it like your S70!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
When you get the personalized 10k of mods on the R you will be back in Love again...BUT it depends on what you like in the car. The R is not so much an around town car . My 98 v70T5 and 2000 Xc are much smoother. But on the road the R is a blast.

With what The older Volvo's are worth to me there was no point in trading either in so I just added the R to the fleet

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Which is why I'm keeping my 35,000 mile 2000 V70R forever, :thumbup:
(unless someone wants to give me a boatload of money for it)!

and real sorry I sold my T5M, but I had to because of health reasons :(
(left leg).

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
wanna find it on the auction circuit eh?
Yep, just like I found yours at 70K miles and excellent at that time

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I still kick myself for selling my '96 850R :mad: :mad: :mad:

It was dialed, lowered, TME exhaust, 120,000 miles, ran perfect, interior was spotless, damn it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my S60R to death as well, just wished I kept both.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,431 Posts
I went from '04 R to '98 T5. The interior of the newer R was much better IMO, and the R handled better with the AWD and DSTC set to advanced. But it's easier and more fun modding the older cars, and a lot less expensive. . . with help from this forum, of course.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
This too was one of my killer S70s
99 T5M
Had is in the mid 2000s modded, quite quick, handled great and NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
I don't think I've posted a pic of this in 6 years.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That looks very nice!

I think we need a new Gen 1 calender:

" The JRL P80 Collection "

Just how many of these cars have you held titles for, Jim?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I still kick myself for selling my '96 850R :mad: :mad: :mad:

It was dialed, lowered, TME exhaust, 120,000 miles, ran perfect, interior was spotless, damn it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my S60R to death as well, just wished I kept both.
Yeah, but you have the '97 Nissan!!!! I bet that biatch is sickkkk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If this thread were about trucks there would already be an associated country song moving up the charts :)

I miss my S70T5M sometimes, too. But it would have sat around and I figured let another enthusiast have a
go at it. They are great cars and a good one in good shape is something I know another Volvo owner will
appreciate.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Yeah, but you have the '97 Nissan!!!! I bet that biatch is sickkkk
LOL, ya it's sick alright.

If I didn't need the 4x4 for work I would have sold it and kept the 850.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts