SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Thanks for the MPG responses, I'm not in spec, but will get this CEL Fuel Trim issue sorted one way or another by researching and continuing to bug the SHIAT out you guys asking for suggestions. Not bragging but I'm surprised how many compliments I've gotten on this wagon from people of all different walks of life. Even my cousin back in Chicago who's not into Euro's told me "everyone can appreciate a performance wagon". And the wife finally admitted that she likes it and wants to start driving it. MMMMMMMM, ummmmmm, No.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I don't get people who don't like wagons. I've met some of them... they're strange people lol. EVERYBODY has to love a fast wagon!

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
And the wife finally admitted that she likes it and wants to start driving it. MMMMMMMM, ummmmmm, No.
I don't get people who don't like wagons. I've met some of them... they're strange people lol. EVERYBODY has to love a fast wagon!
Pretty much. Girls love it, too, as Chris has just found out, LOL.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Pretty much. Girls love it, too, as Chris has just found out, LOL.
Mine only gets attention from old guys. Where are these girls you speak of? lol

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Same. I've only had men talk to me about the wagon. Guess I'm too old. :( Either that, or I'm giving off a different vibe, LOL. Although, I've noticed women notice me much more frequently now that I have some age (and corresponding hints of gray hair) on me. Not sure what that means either. "Like wine" and all that?

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Boston. And not just my friends, either; I've literally had women sitting next to me at the stoplight complimenting my T-5R, although I'm sure some of it is the pastel effect. My dad gets it in his Frost T5, too. Nobody cares about the NA, and the jury is still out on the R. I think my friends also get a kick out of the attention it gets from all the "car guys," although that goes for both genders.

Same. I've only had men talk to me about the wagon. Guess I'm too old. :( Either that, or I'm giving off a different vibe, LOL. Although, I've noticed women notice me much more frequently now that I have some age (and corresponding hints of gray hair) on me. Not sure what that means either. "Like wine" and all that?
Were you super popular with your friends' parents when you were like 15-25 by any chance?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Were you super popular with your friends' parents when you were like 15-25 by any chance?
LOL maybe there's a pattern!

My R gets attention from some car guys too, people love that car. The older guys are the ones who really flip out and think it's incredible. Eventually I'll get it to a point where I love the car as much as them! The one girl to ever notice it only commented on the "cool" headlight wipers when her boyfriend was buying a Miata I was selling lol. Those have since been deleted. Maybe that's my problem...

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
LOL maybe there's a pattern!

My R gets attention from some car guys too, people love that car. The older guys are the ones who really flip out and think it's incredible. Eventually I'll get it to a point where I love the car as much as them! The one girl to ever notice it only commented on the "cool" headlight wipers when her boyfriend was buying a Miata I was selling lol. Those have since been deleted. Maybe that's my problem...
No wipers from the factory for me! So that's definitely not it.

I think there is a pattern. Seems like a lot of us Volvo kids aren't super into the reckless partying so many kids are. All my friends' parents love me because they see me as a good influence. Meanwhile, the parties have gone from a surplus of Bud Light to having wine and cheese while we're grilling swordfish. 📈📈📈

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
No wipers from the factory for me! So that's definitely not it.

I think there is a pattern. Seems like a lot of us Volvo kids aren't super into the reckless partying so many kids are. All my friends' parents love me because they see me as a good influence. Meanwhile, the parties have gone from a surplus of Bud Light to having wine and cheese while we're grilling swordfish. 📈📈📈
Good point, that's very true! I've never understood the point of that type of partying. I don't like wasting my time doing pointless things. Well, the pointless things I do bring way more enjoyment. Skidding around a parking lot in my 940 or running my Mountaineer through the mud is fun! Although now that I actually have a truck to do that with, I don't want to anymore. Cleaning mud off a truck is the worst thing ever... it gets EVERYWHERE. Can't have my tow rig covered in mud.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
As I post glamour shots, i will also post ugly no make up shots. Picked up a side gig refinishing some stair cases in a building in Park City. The R was strong running up the 2600 ft elevation change on I-80 for 7 days with crappy weather. No hiccups, hard starts, stalls, nothing. Parleys canyon destroys a lot of vehicles and im told its one of the most dangerous stretches of I-80 (can't confirm or deny) Never had a vehicle run so strong with a CEL, and avg MPG is now 18. If i didn't have Vida i would've thought my CEL was fake news.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Even in "ugly" mode, it's a great looking vehicle. :thumbup:
Appreciate it, supposed to have good weather next week. Ill get her cleaned up and gonna get some new snow tires and put the satelites back on. Then the AWD test will come during the next big snow storm and trip up little cottonwood canyon.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cottonwood canyon...went up there last time out in July....nice cool trip out of the Valley....i hope for it's sake you don't drive 15 around the SLC....wow!! What in the hell...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Cottonwood canyon...went up there last time out in July....nice cool trip out of the Valley....i hope for it's sake you don't drive 15 around the SLC....wow!! What in the hell...
Yeah I-15 sucks, its constantly under construction because of the influx of people moving to Utah. Thankfully i don't have to drive it much, but with my luck, the next job i get will probably end up in Utah county. But if that happens, I will probably daily the S70 since wife works mostly from home now.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thank goodness we don't deal with salt down here!

Still looking good though! She needs a wash now!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Had some snow tires installed on the Satelites. The dipstick installer put the rear wheels on backwards, guess he didn't realize the tires are directional. He did compliment the wagon though. License plate lights were pretty dim. Bought some LED's and much better. The lenses were very dirty on the inside, I recommend pulling yours and cleaning. BTW, how do you PM members on the new site ?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Those lenses aren’t completely sealed and need semi-regular cleaning.

They’re called “Conversations” now.

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
I'd just hit ppl up on instagram/facebook/text/email. Lol The new PM notification icon is so inconspicuous I keep missing that I have PMs and fail to reply in reasonable amounts of time. On the upside, my screen time is way down and real life productivity is way up since the new SS software arrived 📈📈

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Anyone have or seen this issue before ?? Oil is pink. I noticed it was pink after first oil change and im 1K into the second change during my ownership. PO said car sat for 10 months before being listed for sale. Oil was clean when i bought it but did an immediate change since it had been sitting. Online research says the engine is clearing/cleaning itself of Varnish ? Ruling out any cross contamination because coolant is clean and tranny fluid was level last time checked.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Spotted a small coolant leak on garage floor, Culprit was the hose from bottom of expansion tank to water tree. Need wagon running tomorrow to move son into dorms at UofU. Called Volvo dealer, not in stock, called advance auto parts that is next to World Pac (parts distributer for SLC) not in stock. Pulled old hose and Orielly matched it fairly well. Its part # 19048 Gates. Need to trim about an inch off side that connects to expansion tank. Hope this helps anyone in a jam.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts