SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Yepper, very annoying when people state "I will update when solved" and don't. I've even seen "problem solved" and no explanation of how.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I checked the fuel tank pressure reading last night, and at idle (cold engine, around 70 degrees ambient temp) it was going between 1 and 1.25.

Also worth mentioning that I have an evap leak code as well, so take these results with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I checked the fuel tank pressure reading last night, and at idle (cold engine, around 70 degrees ambient temp) it was going between 1 and 1.25.

Also worth mentioning that I have an evap leak code as well, so take these results with a grain of salt.
Thanks for checking that. 1 and 1.25 ? Weird, mine goes from 0 to 63 ? If anyone else is monkeying with their car this weekend, i would really appreciate a second readout from Vida. I might be chasing a goose on this, but i really think my problem might be related to the pressure sensor. If the ECU is reading no pressure at times could it be trying to dump extra fuel to compensate and cause rich conditions ? You can see the blue graph, stays at about 63 and then drop to 0 and back up multiple times.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I don't know what it's supposed to show, but that's really strange. Obviously there's quite a difference just between our cars. I'm curious to see a third reading.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Row52 alerted me to a 00 XC at the local JY. I like my slick top look but I needed rails for ski rack set up and other things. The XC had the rails, OEM cross bars and OEM Ski racks, lucky day and timing $27.00. Needs some "forever black" bumper paint tomorrow. Ski/snowboard racks will go on the S60 because they match the curvature of the car better. I'll put the square yakimas on the V70 to match the square body.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Row52 alerted me to a 00 XC at the local JY. I like my slick top look but I needed rails for ski rack set up and other things. The XC had the rails, OEM cross bars and OEM Ski racks, lucky day and timing $27.00. Needs some "forever black" bumper paint tomorrow. Ski/snowboard racks will go on the S60 because they match the curvature of the car better. I'll put the square yakimas on the V70 to match the square body.

Nice. If you didn’t use a ton of goo when putting the screws in, go back and do that. Mine leaked forever. Not badly but enough to be annoying

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I applied black RTV silicone around the base of the screw holes. But did have to pull it up a couple times during the installation. Hopefully it will seal.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Nice score! I've never found the ski racks in the junkyard.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
‘Cause Utah? On the short list for places to move if staying in the United States. The 4.0 beer thing is biggest negative for me, LOL.
Last year the laws changed, We have full strength beer now !! The mormons still control the govt (they are affectionately called Religiouslaters), but the breweries were saying they will no longer produce 3.2 beer. Tax revenue wins in the end.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
‘Cause Utah? On the short list for places to move if staying in the United States. The 4.0 beer thing is biggest negative for me, LOL.
Maybe that has something to do with it lol.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Last year the laws changed, We have full strength beer now !! The mormons still control the govt (they are affectionately called Religiouslaters), but the breweries were saying they will no longer produce 3.2 beer. Tax revenue wins in the end.
I’m seeing 5% for grocery stores now, except for the state run places. Is that not correct? Maybe you gotta live there to understand how it works. Realistically, it’s not really a big deal for me, LOL. If I found a decent job there, I’d move in a heartbeat, and figure the rest out later. 🥳

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Deer Valley, Park City, Snowbird, Alta, etc.
Move on out, just make sure AWD works if you want to live or travel to those places. Snowbird gets on average 500" of powder per year. Property taxes are very low compared to many places. And no Toll Roads, toss that I-Pass in the dumpster.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Still chasing this fuel trim CEL. Now its going off by itself for a couple days and coming back on. I just pulled the hose/check valves assembly that connects to purge valve/intake manifold and nipple on intake elbow. Lines look good and check valves hold as i suck on them (yeah i said suck on them). I also did another inspection of the hose assembly from the side of the intake manifold to valve to brake booster. Those hoses are pretty stout and look good. Not sure i mentioned but i replaced all the TCV hoses with silicone. The only hose i haven't checked is the one that runs out of the oil trap box to the PTC. Has anyone had that hose crack and had a Vac leak ? Seems like it would be protected very well with all the foam insulation. And PS reservoir is leaking at the seam. JY tomorrow to pull one from an 05 S60.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Still chasing this fuel trim CEL. Now its going off by itself for a couple days and coming back on. I just pulled the hose/check valves assembly that connects to purge valve/intake manifold and nipple on intake elbow. Lines look good and check valves hold as i suck on them (yeah i said suck on them). I also did another inspection of the hose assembly from the side of the intake manifold to valve to brake booster. Those hoses are pretty stout and look good. Not sure i mentioned but i replaced all the TCV hoses with silicone. The only hose i haven't checked is the one that runs out of the oil trap box to the PTC. Has anyone had that hose crack and had a Vac leak ? Seems like it would be protected very well with all the foam insulation. And PS reservoir is leaking at the seam. JY tomorrow to pull one from an 05 S60.
Make sure you get the suction hose to the reservoir too, it's a little different than the P80 style.

I'm not sure how common a vacuum leak is from that hose, but it's certainly a possibility. A smoke test should reveal a leak there.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Make sure you get the suction hose to the reservoir too, it's a little different than the P80 style.

I'm not sure how common a vacuum leak is from that hose, but it's certainly a possibility. A smoke test should reveal a leak there.
Yeah, ill do a 3rd smoke test and concentrate visually on where the foam insulation ends on both sides. That would be the only area a leak would present itself. What are you getting for average MPG ? I know you still have a CEL, but wanting to see what other 00 R people are getting. Im at 16.5 combined which is low and probably due to running rich

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
What are you getting for average MPG? I know you still have a CEL, but wanting to see what other 00 R people are getting. Im at 16.5 combined which is low and probably due to running rich.
I disconnected the battery when changing the dash recently, and I've only driven in stop-and-go traffic in the city since. Averaging, maybe 15/16, right now. At least, according to the cluster. "Instant" cluster readings show 25/30 on the expressway. I always seem to forget to make a note when filling the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
16.5 is a little low, but that also depends on how you’ve been driving it. I average high 18s in mine, around 18.7-18.9 normally. That’s combined highway and mostly rural/light in-town driving. I drive my car hard most of the time, so that also contributes.
Could certainly be running a little rich. That would of course contribute to decreased fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm averaging just over 21 with mostly rural commuting. This is over the past 1k miles on fresh PCV. Has some interstate runs in there too to drive the mileage up a bit.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 178 Posts