SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Yep. Or cut the mount off the fwd rack and then it would be an awd rack.
I mean if the subframe has to come down anyway.......that's like almost half way to a AWD delete

And, since the S70 is 99+, even the fuel stuff would be a direct swap.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You should be able to just chop off the mount, that's the only difference between the FWD and AWD racks.

If you're doing the AWD delete, you need to go all the way... M56 and a delta link.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I can't delete the AWD as we get a ton of snow here. This Wagon will head up to the ski resorts, you will get pulled over and ticketed if you don't have 4WD or chains during a snow storm while heading up Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. Im OK with cutting off the bracket from the S70 rack but the tow truck driver from the JY may have a biatch of a time loading the car without a steering rack. So you guys are saying its a doable to swap if i cut off the bracket ? Otherwise its Rack Doctor $350.00.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Remember awhile back when i installed the Comets on the Moondust and said i need a darker car to go with the wheels and that a Wagon might be the catalyst. It took a little longer than i thought but I'm happy.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Remember awhile back when i installed the Comets on the Moondust and said i need a darker car to go with the wheels and that a Wagon might be the catalyst. It took a little longer than i thought but I'm happy.

Nice! That. Is. Hawt.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Comets look amazing on any P80. I would love a set.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
I can't delete the AWD as we get a ton of snow here. This Wagon will head up to the ski resorts, you will get pulled over and ticketed if you don't have 4WD or chains during a snow storm while heading up Little or Big Cottonwood Canyon. Im OK with cutting off the bracket from the S70 rack but the tow truck driver from the JY may have a biatch of a time loading the car without a steering rack. So you guys are saying its a doable to swap if i cut off the bracket ? Otherwise its Rack Doctor $350.00.
Well then carry on. One of the few people with a use for their AWD!

I scrapped my old red/tan 850R with no front subframe at all lol. Just have it pointing nose out in your driveway and they can come in with a ramp truck under the front end and drag it right up. Wheels not necessary, either, at least on the front. These guys are used to moving stuff that doesn't move. May or may not even be on a road.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
If the subframes coming down for the rack you really want to replace the collar sleeve on the angle gear. Cheap insurance and it’ll never be easier.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
10-4 I'll replace the collar at the same time. Gotta research how hard that will be. Did a drive cycle and she is ready for emissions. I have one fault for the EVAP leak but you can still pass with one fault in Utah. My back needed a break from mechanics so I spent sometime on cosmetics. Tried some ForeverBlack on the mudflaps, around the mirrors and the plastic around the windshield wipers. 2 Coats and it came out pretty good. Painted most of the waterfall black and installed the missing spoiler grill inserts. I got the bumper tucked in properly. But it still needs to be bolted properly from underneath and rivets installed to the fender. So the 16 yr old will be driving the BMW and the wife will take over Moondust. She doesn't care about wheels so the R wheels went on Moondust and the Propus went on the S60. I haven't seen an S60 with propus before but i think it works. The Tethy's were hammered and will need refinishing. Then they will become the winter set up for the S60.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Also Delrin subframe bushings while your subframe is out

I like the propus on the S60. Impressive carnage on that helium in an earlier picture. Somehow missed that before.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Also Delrin subframe bushings while your subframe is out

I like the propus on the S60. Impressive carnage on that helium in an earlier picture. Somehow missed that before.

Man you guys are expensive, but yeah Delrin should be installed. Awhile back i slid off the road during a snow storm and blew out both right tires and bent one of the helium's. Those wheels have been sitting in the back yard. Perfect donors for the JY. Son was laughing as i was moving the car around the driveway with two flat rear tires. I have some strong marks on the drive way and will have a few more when i move it back into the garage to pull the steering rack. Oh, and any issues with replacing Delrin up front but leaving the rears rubber for a little bit ?

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Man you guys are expensive, but yeah Delrin should be installed. Awhile back i slid off the road during a snow storm and blew out both right tires and bent one of the helium's. Those wheels have been sitting in the back yard. Perfect donors for the JY. Son was laughing as i was moving the car around the driveway with two flat rear tires. I have some strong marks on the drive way and will have a few more when i move it back into the garage to pull the steering rack. Oh, and any issues with replacing Delrin up front but leaving the rears rubber for a little bit ?
You mean Delrin in the front half of the subframe and rubber in the mounts of the front subframe?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
NVM, that was not a smart question to ask. I would replace all 4 on the front sub frame. I brain fouled for a sec and thought the rear sub frame had a similar set up. Won't I need a press for replacing the front bushings ?

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
yes ^

NVM, that was not a smart question to ask. I would replace all 4 on the front sub frame. I brain fouled for a sec and thought the rear sub frame had a similar set up. Won't I need a press for replacing the front bushings ?
Technically that's the correct way to do it but I was able to do mine with a BFH with the subframe out.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My cousin and I just hammered them out on his subframe. We tried to use my press, but it was too heavy and awkward to hold. Cut the sleeve with a sawzall and hammered the suckers out with a big screwdriver.

Those Propuses look really good on the S60! I never thought I'd like them on a P2, but I've never actually seen them on one.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got the rack pulled from the S70 and that was more of a PITA than anticipated. I have an SMI rack and it appears good but the inner and outer rods are tired so they will be replaced. I went to bolt the passenger side motor mount back together and ran into the below situation. I didn't deal with it because its going to the JY. I'm guessing its because the rear motor mount isn't connected to the rack anymore and isn't pushing that part of the engine forward anymore. When i drop the sub frame on the V I'm spooked i might end up with the same problem. Do you guys suggest i pull those same bolts or pull the ones connecting the motor mount to the frame ??

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Subframe is pinned. Usually the trans axle that moves slightly. Can be pushed back into place easily.

41 - 60 of 178 Posts