SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And i know we drive Moose cars but how to get rid of the Moose mating call when i open and close the tailgate ? I sprayed some silicone lube into what i could see without pulling trim with no improvements. I live in Utah where Moose are abound. The females will kill you if you get between her and her calf

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Check valve installation successful, she fires right up now.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was double checking for any fuel leaks after installing the check valve, so far so good. After idling for a couple minutes I noticed the drivers side exhaust tail pipe was blowing cold while the right side was blowing hot. Is this normal ?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I was double checking for any fuel leaks after installing the check valve, so far so good. After idling for a couple minutes I noticed the drivers side exhaust tail pipe was blowing cold while the right side was blowing hot. Is this normal ?
Weird. I've noticed more exhaust in cold weather from one side from time to time, but never thought to actually feel the temperature. I'll have to try it. :confused:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Let me know if you experience the same, Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Checked mine this morning. Much cooler exhaust on driver side compared to passenger. Wouldn't call it cold. "Luke warm" vs hot.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
10-4 thanks for checking

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
TB done on the VR. Awaiting PCV shipment from FCP that "FED F'ME EXPRESS" is holding hostage in the Salt Lake Distribution center. Single Mass Flywheel facilitated by ScottishBrick should be here tomorrow to put the S60 back together. Neighbors think im running a ill legit Volvo repair business.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I’ve stopped being asked that

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
I'm running out of neighbors to ask me that

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice find! So when is it being M66 swapped? Lol

I should probably add a check valve to my fuel line, it's been a problem since I bought the car. I just deal with priming it a couple times before starting. I have a DW200 on the shelf already, just waiting to install it when I do the delta link swap. No way I'm dropping the subframe just to change a fuel pump.

oh yeah i get asked that too lol
Same lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got PCV torn out, the trap box and the orifice to block wasn't clogged. It was old could have been original or one of the PO's had Volvo replace it because parts were OEM with Otiker clamps. When i first looked at the wagon i forgot to grab a rubber glove to test PCV. I felt positive pressure coming out of the oil filler neck and the dipstick was popped out and guessing a bunch of oil had leaked for some time. The ETM was covered with oil/dirt. Shockingly the ETM had no gasket WTF. What else could cause positive pressure if the PCV was/appears to be clear ?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Got PCV torn out, the trap box and the orifice to block wasn't clogged. It was old could have been original or one of the PO's had Volvo replace it because parts were OEM with Otiker clamps. When i first looked at the wagon i forgot to grab a rubber glove to test PCV. I felt positive pressure coming out of the oil filler neck and the dipstick was popped out and guessing a bunch of oil had leaked for some time. The ETM was covered with oil/dirt. Shockingly the ETM had no gasket WTF. What else could cause positive pressure if the PCV was/appears to be clear ?
Did you probe the block passage?

If there’s not proper vacuum that creates a false pcv issue. Check the PTC element hoses and fit

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Finally got my PCV kit from Fed Ex, 13 flipping days ! Head gasket repair in a can finally failed on the black S70 so crunch time to complete the S60 clutch job and PCV for the V70. Gonna pull the aftermarket stuff from the S70, have a funeral and send her off. I bought the VR knowing this day was coming. Wife was pissed when i bought the V, but after today i didn't have to tell her "i told you so"

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The plan for more Volvos is working in your favor!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No that the S60 is done, I'm back on the V70. I completed the TB and PCV job. All good with TB and getting negative pressure at the oil filler neck.
I have a pretty bad steering rack leak. I was hoping to pull the rack from the Black S70 before it goes to the JY but it appears the FWD and AWD racks have different part #'s and cannot be swapped ?? Has anyone done this before ?
And the CEL came on, Vida lists...
ECM-216 "long term fuel upper limit bank 1" and points to maybe a bad O2 sensor
ECM-4308 "Evap rough leak" probably will need a smoke test. All Vac lines seem original including TCV lines.

Over all the wagon seems to drive well. sometimes i get a little boost fall off and then it comes back on. Hoping its related to the above errors

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
The racks are different since AWD has no rear engine mount. You could use the S70 to delete your AWD and then use that rack lol.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
The racks are different since AWD has no rear engine mount. You could use the S70 to delete your AWD and then use that rack lol.
Yep. Or cut the mount off the fwd rack and then it would be an awd rack.

21 - 40 of 178 Posts