SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I guess I'm spoiled having several Volvo dealerships and junkyards within a relatively short drive. Heck, if I need to, I can walk to one dealership. Good detective work finding a solution! Have fun using the wagon for wagon things!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
You'd be waiting a few days for the dealer to get parts in though. Almost nobody has anything P80 in stock anymore.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
You'd be waiting a few days for the dealer to get parts in though. Almost nobody has anything P80 in stock anymore.
I guess I've been lucky, then. I would say about 80% of the items I've needed over the years have been in stock. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: After further reflection, I think maybe it's closer to 50%, but by having more than one parts department within a 30 minute drive means that if one doesn't have it, then another one usually does.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Did some more troubleshooting on my CEL for LTFT upper limit and Catalyst below threshold. So I think my cat is shot. I did a infrared temp test and the CAT is approx 100 degrees colder on the output side than input side. Can a bad cat cause a LTFT issue ? Also did a propane vac leak test and another smoke test. Everything seemed good. Other odd issue....I checked live O2 readings and front sensor is static about 1V and rear is static where it should be at about .5V. I thought the front sensor is supposed to jump around a lot and not be static ? Both 02 sensors and MAF were replaced new 2 months ago. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Tested the AWD and new snow tires today. My buddy up in Park City broke his foot and needed me to clear his driveway. Its steep, nasty and subject to horrible blowing drifts. The R rallied up with no wheel spin.

Top half of driveway, it doglegs down to the left and is even steeper.

V70 Snow Plow at top of driveway. I took a video driving up but when i try to post, it crops out all the fun footage from the windshield that shows the steepness of grade and snow flying everywhere. Oh well, she was a champ.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
My tailgate has never locked or unlocked when turning the key in the drivers door lock. Thought the actuator was bad and just used the key in the tailgate for the time being. My latch mechanism broke yesterday so I grabbed one from the JY (MF date 2012). The power lock and unlock still doesn't work. But......when I open the tail gate all the way up, the power lock works ?????? Pinched wires ? I searched but couldn't find anything here or on MVS.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
My tailgate has never locked or unlocked when turning the key in the drivers door lock. Thought the actuator was bad and just used the key in the tailgate for the time being. My latch mechanism broke yesterday so I grabbed one from the JY (MF date 2012). The power lock and unlock still doesn't work. But......when I open the tail gate all the way up, the power lock works ?????? Pinched wires ? I searched but couldn't find anything here or on MVS.
Your tailgate wiring harness might be failing. Random blown fuses up next.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Do our alternators die a slow death or quickly ? For the last week I've been getting the battery light after start up. I'll rev it to 2.5K and light goes off and stays off while driving. Only issue I've noticed is at night when sitting at a stop light for a bit the turn indicator will stop flashing. I'm thinking dying alternator ? dying B+ cable ? and possibly need to replace the hazard switch for the turn indicator problem. Strangely I haven't had a bad alternator (yet) on any of the three Volvos thus far.

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
Do our alternators die a slow death or quickly ? For the last week I've been getting the battery light after start up. I'll rev it to 2.5K and light goes off and stays off while driving. Only issue I've noticed is at night when sitting at a stop light for a bit the turn indicator will stop flashing. I'm thinking dying alternator ? dying B+ cable ? and possibly need to replace the hazard switch for the turn indicator problem. Strangely I haven't had a bad alternator (yet) on any of the three Volvos thus far.
Usually fail suddenly and fully

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Thats been my experience with other cars. Guess I look to replace the B+ cable, maybe I'll get lucky and this is also solve whats causing my wonky voltage readings on 02 senors

181 - 192 of 192 Posts