SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00 with 216K, Was listed for 1900. got it for 1500. Came with some new extras..timing belt kit, LCA's, headlight wipers, mud flaps and a few other tid bits. Has front strut brace. Overall in clean condition but need to get the front bumper tucked in properly but its crack free. A little clear coat peeling where a Wang should be. Going to complete TB and PCV first. Rear drive shaft was in place and didn't notice any drive train vibrations but only had it up to 40 MPH. Surprisingly the dash and tail gate doesn't squeak or rattle. More to come.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome to the fray! Excited to see how you play with my car's twin!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Awesome sauce! Looks like a center speaker peaking out. SC-901, or replaced HU? The R badge on the back is trying to escape. Is the retraction for nets in the cargo area broken, or just testing them out?

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Awesome. Looks like a 901 to me.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SC-901 with center speaker. Seller didn't have radio code after replacing battery, gotta get the title in my name to get code from dealer. Haven't touched the nets yet. I took a gamble with this one, owner was very vague and didn't seem to know much about Volvos. But i always wanted a wagon and one that is VIDA friendly, time will tell if it was a good or stupid buy.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
You can get the code off Volvo's website. I get codes for JY HUs that way all the time lol.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That code request was instant and worked perfectly. However the 3 disc mag isn't playing nice and keeps ejecting after loading one disc in the mag. But more importantly, i have no FM noise or reception, just faint noise when selecting AM.

·
Registered
15,502 Posts
Nice purchase! Wang it up.
TB and PCV are good ideas. You've done great work on the others, can't wait to see what happens with this one.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day one of getting to stage 0. Ordered PCV kit, banjo bolt and fuel lid hinge. It has long crank time when starting. Got underneath and i can hear the pump priming. Hooked up fuel pressure tester and nothing at the rail. Started cranking and no pressure, once it fires up the pressure jumps to 45 and stays constant. She idles great with no bogging. When i turn it off the pressure drops to O immediately. The fuel components aren't as easy to see as the S70. Is the check valve on V's inside the pump ? I had this happen on the black S70 and used JRL's method of installing aftermarket check valve. Does this sound like a bad check valve ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Day one of getting to stage 0. Ordered PCV kit, banjo bolt and fuel lid hinge. It has long crank time when starting. Got underneath and i can hear the pump priming. Hooked up fuel pressure tester and nothing at the rail. Started cranking and no pressure, once it fires up the pressure jumps to 45 and stays constant. She idles great with no bogging. When i turn it off the pressure drops to O immediately. The fuel components aren't as easy to see as the S70. Is the check valve on V's inside the pump ? I had this happen on the black S70 and used JRL's method of installing aftermarket check valve. Does this sound like a bad check valve ?
Sounds like a similar presentation as mine. Check valve fixed that issue. Otherwise cycle pump on and off a few times or long cranking to start.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also read bad ECT can cause this, but i would have thought VIDA would warn if it was bad. I didnt mind hacking into the S70 fuel system for this fix. But would prefer not hacking into the R. But that is a lot easier than dropping subframe/tank

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Wow, looks like new. :) It could have another 200k miles life.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not mint but good condition for 20 yrs old. I thought i was finally becoming accustomed to the P80 99-00 platform. This AWD and Wagon is a new for me. Foundation is mostly the same but I need to learn the nuances between the S and V70's. And yes, i would love to take it to 300k and beyond. It was just crazy timing that i came across the ad when i did. Maybe the Volvo gods knew i wanted a wagon. But I'm a realist and wont brag about the car until its fully stage 0 and has proven itself for awhile.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Digging deeper into this Wagon, sheesh

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Digging deeper into this Wagon, sheesh

That happens....that machine screw is not hardened so the second it bottoms out it usually breaks. At least the ground strap is on!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Learned a new trick today, hated the hard water stains behind the rear license bracket (see above picture) Used Meguiers wheel clean "safe for clear coat" and it removed all the stains. Then hit it with soap and water right away. Came out great. Didn't take a pic because wagon was backed into garage awaiting check valve installation.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Like that streak running down the bumper? Got the same issue real bad running off the port side of the wiper on my dad's NA.....would love to fix that, too.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yepper, worked good for me, hopefully you'll have the same results. I've been looking at the cosmetics more closely because I'm waiting for PCV parts. And the new timing belt kit that came with the car was MFG by "Dayco" ? Seemed like crap so ordered a proper kit from FCP. Someone pulled the trim around the shifter and parking brake handle. The pieces don't want to fit back where they should be. And what I really might need help with is the front bumper. It was hit or pulled at some point and is not tucked in properly and that's why the headlight wipers were absent on the car. But when i push in on the bumper cover it doesn't push in to close this gap.

·
Registered
15,507 Posts
Something looks wrong with how it is snapped into the crash bar. Pull it off and have a look.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts