SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being lazy and have not tried to find it in the manual for RSE however the question is this: Can I use the RCA jacks for the RSE system as an aux input for the stereo? I am about to finally take the a long trip in my XC90 and was thinking about bringing my iPOD along for the ride. I know that you can hook up an external video source to the RSE using the RCA jacks and that the sound will come through the headphones, or at least that is what the RSE manual indicates. But I did not know if anyone has tried to listen to an external audio source through he RSE and the car speakers.
Thank you!

Also I did a google search and forum search and came up empty handed, however feel free to provide a link if one exists.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
In our 2010 the RSE audio inputs work either as AUX IN to listen over the stereo or as direct in to the rear seat display of choice to beam over IR to the headphones (A or B). To use as AUX for the stereo I enable a display to serve as the monitor of choice. In your type of scenario it would just be a blank display but I've also used it so everyone in the 90 could listen to the movie without needing headphones and I would have both displays "tuned in" to the AUX IN setting rather than DVD.

On the stereo/head unit I pick AUX as the source and it plays through the speakers. I'm not familiar with the different RSE generations from year to year may be different but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In our 2010 the RSE audio inputs work either as AUX IN to listen over the stereo or as direct in to the rear seat display of choice to beam over IR to the headphones (A or B). To use as AUX for the stereo I enable a display to serve as the monitor of choice. In your type of scenario it would just be a blank display but I've also used it so everyone in the 90 could listen to the movie without needing headphones and I would have both displays "tuned in" to the AUX IN setting rather than DVD.

On the stereo/head unit I pick AUX as the source and it plays through the speakers. I'm not familiar with the different RSE generations from year to year may be different but I hope this helps.
There is no aux/ rse option on my head unit, when the RSE is powered down. I have not tried with the RSE unit powered up. It is not that big of a deal or else I would have spent a lot of time playing with it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On my 06 I am pretty sure that I can not get the RSE sound through the speakers. I played with the system some this weekend and had no luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts