SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple enough curiosity here.. Has anyone wired their day time lights (9006xs) to work in tandem with the true HID bulbs (d2s) that come on when it gets dark? I would like to get quality dtr lights, make them independent of the light sensor (control it by a switch or button) and have a bit of extra light without having to mount some external led bar or miscellaneous light source. Possibly an easier way to ask would be how can i wire my 9006 lights to come on when i want them on?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Its been discussed to exhaustion but you could run a nuclear reactor behind the the DRL lens and the light output would still suck. The lens will not provide any usable light for vision. Sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Or convert to euro spec headlamps with true, dedicated high beam headlamps! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Cheapest option vs buying euro spec headlights is buying a set of the EST/eBay headlights for normal s60/v70's and buying a set of hid's for the projector bulb, and you could do another set for the separate reflector high beam.

The down side is they fit, but the wiring is not plug and play, and you will probably have to deal with a Bulb out warning from the car one way or another. It can be done as my 04 had had a previous owner cheap out on replacing a HID ballast with an aftermarket one, but that car had no bulb out warnings.

·
2,521 Posts
These drls scatter light. I have HIDs in them and at night it is absolutely blinding to others but they arent focused enough to be usefull. Do a nice 55w fog setup instead, they'll be brighter than the headlights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.. I purchased led 9006 and they seem easily twice as bright as the dingy sylvania lights that were in it.
Ill probably look into the euro thing. I have a 500 mile commute once a month and i really want more lumens for the desolate stretches of highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts