SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The cable that connects to my iPod for the iMIV has disintegrated and I'm in need of a new one. A quick email to the iMIV reveals they no longer stock the cable and my iMIV unit is obsolete and can not be upgraded.

Are there more economical products out there that integrate iPod functions into the HU?? I only use 1 playlist and only want to be able to toggle on/off the shuffle mode. I have no desire to see song names or playlist info in the display.

My info: 2001 V70 T5 HU-803

I have extra OEM iPod cables laying around, has anyone had luck modifying for use with iMIV?

I searched but didn't find any current discussions, my apologies if this topic has been covered.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The cable that connects to my iPod for the iMIV has disintegrated and I'm in need of a new one. A quick email to the iMIV reveals they no longer stock the cable and my iMIV unit is obsolete and can not be upgraded.

Are there more economical products out there that integrate iPod functions into the HU?? I only use 1 playlist and only want to be able to toggle on/off the shuffle mode. I have no desire to see song names or playlist info in the display.

My info: 2001 V70 T5 HU-803

I have extra OEM iPod cables laying around, has anyone had luck modifying for use with iMIV?

I searched but didn't find any current discussions, my apologies if this topic has been covered.
Mine came apart to, I just opened it up and soldered a new connector on the end. As long as each pin is matched carefully, you'll be fine.

There are no cheep options; The GROM and USAspec units are not cheep.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I removed the connector to splice in a new oem apple connector but the wire colors are different so I held off.

Both cables have a red and black wire which I assume is the same.

But the iMiv cable has a bare wire and a brown wire where the apple cable has a green ans white wire.

I figured the green wire should go to the bare wire and the white to the brown but not sure so I didn't try it.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I think if you get them wrong you'll fry your iPod.

They need to be matched one by one without error. If they're are not easy to figure out, don't try it. I just opened the entire housing a swaped them one by one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts