SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>First, thank you for a great resource. I have used the search function on this website several times and everyone is so helpful.<p>So, last weekend I hydroplaned my v70 t5 on I-526, a four lane bypass in Charleston. The car spun three and one half times, before gaining some control. But, of course, I was now going backwards at 50 mph. I finally spun one last time, into the center retaining wall. Fortunately, no one was injuried and miraculously, I did not hit another vehicle.<p>And here comes the bad news. I called the insurance company to get a loaner car and they had cancelled my policy the day before, because I was somehow one month behind. Not sure how this happened, and I am threw beating my self up about it.<p>So, the local auto body place is shopping for parts. With factory new parts, I am out about $8,800 cash for my $74 mistake.<p>Finding used parts instate has been a daunting task. The local shop has been very accomodating towards my situation and continues to look. They are a little worried to prepay for out of state parts, to have them shipped here and find them unsatisifactory. Does any one have a good resource for used parts??? I can post the long list of what I am looking for in particular, or I can email the estimate, which outlines the parts list.<p>Sorry for the long post. It has been a long week.<p>Thank you to everyone for their time and participation in this forum.<p>GWP<br>

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Re: Used Parts resource.... (GWP)

Try:<p><A HREF="http://www.erievovo.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.erievovo.com</A><p>I got a rear seat from them off of eBay - quick delivery.<br>

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>GWP</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First, thank you for a great resource. I have used the search function on this website several times and everyone is so helpful.<p>So, last weekend I hydroplaned my v70 t5 on I-526, a four lane bypass in Charleston. The car spun three and one half times, before gaining some control. But, of course, I was now going backwards at 50 mph. I finally spun one last time, into the center retaining wall. Fortunately, no one was injuried and miraculously, I did not hit another vehicle.<p>And here comes the bad news. I called the insurance company to get a loaner car and they had cancelled my policy the day before, because I was somehow one month behind. Not sure how this happened, and I am threw beating my self up about it.<p>So, the local auto body place is shopping for parts. With factory new parts, I am out about $8,800 cash for my $74 mistake.<p>Finding used parts instate has been a daunting task. The local shop has been very accomodating towards my situation and continues to look. They are a little worried to prepay for out of state parts, to have them shipped here and find them unsatisifactory. Does any one have a good resource for used parts??? I can post the long list of what I am looking for in particular, or I can email the estimate, which outlines the parts list.<p>Sorry for the long post. It has been a long week.<p>Thank you to everyone for their time and participation in this forum.<p>GWP</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Chris is 100% spot on with Erie vovo, I've used them for engines and body parts as well.<p>Might I suggest one thing...if you're looking to be out that much with the car, why don't you sell the car as parts to recover some lost $$$ and consider buying one of JRL's cars for a good price? It looks like you are on the cusp of spending enough $$$ to replace the car with a perfect one and not have any risk of missing something small.<p>Just a thought...<br>Cheers,<br>Prospero

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts

Someone just posted a nice looking 01 V70 T5, 5spd manual in our FWD Car Classifieds and they are in NC, so not "too" far from you.<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts