SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go look at a 2008 XC90 with 19,394 miles on it. I'm new to this forum and was wondering if $29,950 sounds like a good price for this. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Used 2008 XC90 (kyalumtwin)

All depends on options, equipment, and condition.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Looks like a good starting point, I'd think with the V6, pretty standard options and no nav or RSE, you could get it for a little less. Just my $.02

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Husker Z)

Another XC90 on the lot.
2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T - $20,950
46,241 miles
rear park assist
pull down dvd player
third row seat

Is this a better deal?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm assuming both are AWD...

I'd say $27k is ALL the money on the '08.

The '06 has a heck of a lot of miles, BUT that is a pretty good asking price on a vehicle with a trade-in value of $17-$18k. $20k would be a good deal and $20,500 would be fair. If it is CPO, then it is well worth the asking price.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (Qbrozen)

Quote, originally posted by Husker Z »
Looks like a good starting point, I'd think with the V6, pretty standard options and no nav or RSE, you could get it for a little less. Just my $.02

OMG......this one has a V6?

Quote, originally posted by Qbrozen »
I'm assuming both are AWD...

I'd say $27k is ALL the money on the '08.

AWD is clearly visible on the tailgate of the 08.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »
AWD is clearly visible on the tailgate of the 08.

I don't have time to be everyone's PI.

"help me help you" should be at the top of the forums.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: (kyalumtwin)

Only you can tell if the money asked is a good deal for YOU.

The '08 is not heavily optioned: AWD, climate pkg (heated seats/headlight washers), Premium pkg (leather, sunroof, 6 CD, etc).

Be sure and check the dealer (sales) carefully. Do your own research. He may be a Volvo dealer but the person that entered the information pretty much copied some standard blah, blah, blah. and you may believe because of the ad you are getting what it says...you are not.

For example. It indicates the vehicle is equipped with air suspension (this was not an option on any XC90 in -08), MP3 (no '08s were equipped with an MP3 player - there is a jack for MP3 input, but no player as the ad indicated). Small point perhaps, but what else is incorrect. It also says "additional rear seat." Is it a 7-PAX? I don't see it anywhere else and that may be important to you.

So... do your research, look around and if you want that vehicle make an offer. Keep in mind when it comes time to trade/sell, vehicles with fewer options (of any make) tend to get fewer dollars than vehicles more nominally optioned. How much less, and is the difference significant, well, it's your money and only you can decide. At the moment people with the money desiring an SUV are in the driver's seat.

The I-6 is a sweet engine and will serve you well. There are no known "issues" with the later models (I've got 16,000 miles on my '08 V8 and it's never been back to the dealer since purchase) so this one should serve you well and there is quite a bit of warranty left.

As for buying a T5 with 46K miles, well, how many miles a year do you drive? If you drive a lot, then perhaps the newer one is better for you. If only a few thousand, the older one might serve you just as well. Back up sensors are nice. Got kids? The DVD option is nice too, but both of those options can be bought on-line at a reasonable prices. Volvos are expensive to repair. Parts are more expensive than my Carrera, and the T5 doesn't have much warranty left, if any. Not that anything is going to fail, but you are about to lay some of your hard earned money down for a vehicle. A repair shortly after purchase is probably not something you would look forward to in addition to undermining your feelings about the money spent. If you desire an extended warranty check the prices first. They too are expensive.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts