SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the Volvo S60 and have found a used 2001 T5, From a dealer but not a Volvo dealer they offer no service so it would be like buying from a private party, it would only come with the balance of the factory warranty. I think I can get it for $28K, it seems to be loaded, everything except the navigational system. Does that sound like a good deal. it looks like its in great shape and it only has about 13K miles on it. Is there anything I should specifically ask for if I make an offer?<P>I would appreciate your input. Thanks a lot.<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyingpelican:<BR><B>Is there anything I should specifically ask for if I make an offer?<P>I would appreciate your input. Thanks a lot.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Definitely service records, check it thoroughly for any signs of paintword and also run a CARFAX report. Also, ask if it would be OK to contact the previous owner. If the car was purchased at an auction, that is OK, don't let that bother you but you have to make sure that the car was not involved in any heavy duty accidents.<P>The only bad thing is that buying from a non-Volvo Retailer will not make this car eligible for Volvo's Certified Pre-Owned program which ups to warranty to 6yrs/100,000 miles. Search around and see if a Volvo Retailer ha a similar car. The extra warranty is worth it.<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already pulled the Carfax record and it looks good. The car was purchased through an auction, the sales guy said they got a few Volvos through this auction and that they were from Volvo executives. I'm not sure I believe that, wouldn't Volvo want to sell those cars through there own dealers as certified and not an auction?? <P>I love the car and I'm pretty tempted to buy it, does the $28K sound like a reasonable price? The car was registered first last May so it would still come with 3 years left on the orginal warranty.<P>I'm also assuming that if I purchase the car there is no problem taking it to the nearest Volvo dealer for future work? What happens if they dealer finds something that would void the orginal warranty, how does that work. <P>Sorry for so many questions, but this is the first used car I've purchased and it's also a huge purchase for me, I want to try and avoid mistakes if possible.<P>thanks for anyones help, it's appreciated!<P>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
$28k seems to be about right for a loaded 01' S60 T5 with 13k miles on it. You should have no problems at all taking it to your local Volvo dealer for work/repair. Finding something in the car that might void the warranty would be rare to nil.<P>Check the interior to see what kind of condition it is in. Floormats, seats, etc, are a good indication of how meticulous a previous owner was.<P>-Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts