SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,<p>My wife and I will be in Gothenburg in a few weeks picking up our new V50, and I have a couple of questions about the USB port in 2009+ Volvos. First, is there a limit on thumb drive capacity? I'd like to use a 32 gig drive so I can fit all of my music on there. And second, does anyone know what file systems are supported? I would prefer NTFS but I'll use FAT32 if that's all it can read. Because we're doing Overseas Delivery, I need to have the drive all ready to go before we depart.<p>Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: USB port compatibility (EasyRhino)

<A HREF="http://www.c30world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=78571" TARGET="_blank">Here's</A> an interesting post on the USB & the C30. Maybe it is similar...<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by MrTippy at 2:20 PM 5-7-2009</i>

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: USB port compatibility (EasyRhino)

<A HREF="http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/S40-V50/audio/cd/VCC-316393.htm" TARGET="_blank">Here's</A> some info from Volvo's Accessories webpage.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>USB and iPod® Music Interface – 08</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Supports the following music formats: WMA and WAV (decompressed), MP3, however, not DRM protected files<p><b>Important</b><br>Only USB products of the type "USB mass storage device" with FAT 16/32 file system can be used! There are a large number of USB products on the market. A large number cannot be read by the USB and iPod® Music Interface. In these cases it is evident from the display that the connected unit cannot be played. Try an alternative USB device instead.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The owners manual says there is more information in the Interface user's manual if you can get your hands on one--from the dealer maybe? If not, maybe they can get someone to email it to you from the factory...<p>Good luck, you may want to bring a couple of different flash drives with you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts