SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have looked throughout the archives and could not find any similar problems like the one im having so here goes. I plugged my iPod into the jack and it kept saying connect device. I have never had a problem with this before as it always played without a hitch. It still charges the iPod, but will not connect. Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions about fixing it. The aux works ok although sometimes you hear static with the music and sounds like crud. How do I take that plastic piece off that these are connected to without breaking it?

Thank you!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I did have a problem once with my iPod connecting, the problem was that the iPod was too old, it was like a Gen I or II, LOL! I tried an updated iPod, and had no problem! I prefer using a stick to play my music with, I think the iPod holds too much music, so it's sometimes difficult to scroll through it all.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The lightening cable used can sometimes cause problems as well. What Ipod and cable are you using? Maybe try a different cable or device and see if the problem repeats.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Absolutely agree with the cable suggestion. Sometimes the apple or third party cables lose their ability to trAnsfer data buT are still able to provide power.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have you done a software update to the iPod? I have just updated my iPhone and now it has become intermittent when connected via usb/ lightening. Perhaps this is more of an apple problem than car hardware.... I notice there is now an apple iOS update again to 8.4.1 which specifically addresses apple music ......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep! I made sure that it was up to date and the cable that I used worked before 30 min before I plugged it back in and got nothing. I did try multiple cables and none of them worked. I will have to get a new apple charger and see if that will solve the problem as mine is a aftermarket one. Also my Ipod is a Generation 2. Thank you for all the suggestions and will let you know when I get a new cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.