SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm picking up an 07 V8 and have been looking over how to add USB connectivity to my car. I've poked around and found threads like this one:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?92312-iPod-adapter-installed

When I start searching for the kits, it looks like the "Base Kit" is no longer available. Do I need the base kit, or will it just work with the installation kit?

31260797 for the Base Kit
31201152 for the Installation Kit
31210067 for the iPod and USB cable

Thanks!

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
whitev70r: I think those only works for the P2 platform stereos. HU 4-/6-/800 series etc. Wont work in an S80 P3 (new generation from 2007+).

rporzio: Where did you place yours? What I miss the most about not having either bluetooth music streaming OR USB is that I can't use the cars built-in controls to play/pause or skip songs etc. If I turn off my stereo running aux the phone will keep playing song after song. If there's a convenient and discrete placement for that puck though I'd consider it over installing the volvo USB kit thing.

As for the kit availability, I found a swedish store selling them. I sent them an email with a bunch of questions but I'm waiting for a reply still. Bottom line is that they seem to be still available for purchase.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed, or actually just left it, in the storage area behind the cup holders. I only take it out to use the phone. I listen to Pandora via my Galaxy Note and use those controls if I want to skip, pause or change channels I just use the phone controls. I also use the rear facing lighter socket for the power source and route the wire under the flip cover for a very neat appearance. As I said above I love it; after the initial setup it connects very fast to my sound system using the Aux setting. Ralph

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes that was one of the suggested locations for mounting but I didn't want to stick anything anywhere. Yours looks good though! ralph

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called the dealer, they said they don't make it anymore.

Did a bunch of research and found a newer part number for it.

30758239 - Kit
31201152 - Wiring Harness
31210067 - USB/Ipod cable

Tasca said they had to special order the kit, but it's been ordered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts