1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Got one if you want one

·
Registered
924 Posts
If I don't have an iPhone but an Android (Samsung GS3), can I possibly install anything to listen to my Pandora/mp3 through a 3.5mm AUX cable?

·
Registered
273 Posts
It has a 30 pin iphone connector and RCA ports. I believe you can use a 3.5mm - RCA adapter to use your phone with this system.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I too am interested in using an Android Smart Phone with an interface that will allow me to take calls, listen to Pandora or use my MP3 type features through my Stereo... Below is my email interaction with USA Spec starting with the reply I got (you can see my questions and the answers I finally got - maybe it will help you too) Personally I think "Victor" was a douche and didn't care to assist me, Oh' and it took two days in between responses.

The PA11-VOL is an iPod adapter with AUXILIARY AUDIO input. The auxiliary audio input is simply that (an audio input), you need to view it from that point of view. It will play whatever audio source you have connected to it, the audio changes or "mute" features and BLUETOOTH audio come from the phone… All the question you have regarding this Aux audio input really depend on your phone…

Thank you
Victor C

USA SPEC
Tel: 626-336-3836
Fax: 626-336-0115
"Like" us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/USASPEC
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/USA_SPEC

You have managed to totally avoid answering any of my questions. If you don't want your products in my cars, then this type of reply will surely yield that result.
Is their someone there that might be able to address any of my questions? One would think that if you represent a product that you would have a general idea how smart phones would interact with it.
Were not off to a good start...
Anxiously awaiting further detail.
Thanks,
D

Sorry, we don't manufacture the phones in order to know how every feature and function works. For your application, we manufacture and iPod/Aux input adapter which enables iPod and auxiliary audio input to the factory radio of your vehicle. However, please allow me to cater your needs.. The answers to your questions are written in RED font immediately after every question you have previously asked us… Feel free to ask any more questions (should you have any) after reading these answers, we will be more then J to answer them….

Take and Make phone calls and hear the audio through my car stereo system?It will not take the calls for you, the call will simply play out of the headphone plug of your phone and if connected to the aux input of the PA11-VOL, and your radio is in CD Changer mode, the call will be heard through your speakers.
If I am listening to the radio or CD will incoming calls interrupt the audio (which is fine)?No.
Will it stop/pause the audio so I can pick it up? The pA11-VOL will stop anything, the phone stops the music and allows you to answer an incoming call. If connected to the aux input of the PA11-VOL and your radio is in CD Changer mode, the call will be herd through the speakers.
OR
Will it stop/pause the audio after I accept the call? The pA11-VOL will stop anything, the phone stops the music and allows you to answer an incoming call. If connected to the aux input of the PA11-VOL and your radio is in CD Changer mode, the call will be herd through the speakers.

Will I be able to use my MP 3 type functions of the smart phone? I don't understand the question. However, let me still give you an answer based what "I HINK" the question is. The PA11-VOL does not keep you from using any function or feature of your phone while connected to the AUX input.
(I assume I will not have control to change tracks/songs via the radio or steering wheel controls) Correct.
Would I have to be in CD position 6 (once the DIP switch is OFF) in order to make/take calls or listen to Pandora or the MP 3 functions? You have to be in CD Changer mode DISC6 to enable the AUX input of the PA11-VOL so you can listen you music apps. You can "make calls, listen to Pandora or MP3 functions" whenever you want.
How would using my GPS work? ? I don't understand the question. However, let me still give you an answer based what "I HINK" the question is. The PA11-VOL, does not change the way your GPS works, If you MAP-APP has turn by turn voice guidance and the phone will play that out of the headphone jack and not just via Bluetooth streaming, then you would be able to hear it through the speakers of your car speakers (provided the phone is connected to the AUX input of the PA11-VOL).
Would that come through the cars audio? I don't understand the question. However, let me still give you an answer based what "I HINK" the question is. The PA11-VOL, does not change the way your GPS works, If you MAP-APP has turn by turn voice guidance and the phone will play that out of the headphone jack and not just via Bluetooth streaming, then you would be able to hear it through the speakers of your car speakers (provided the phone is connected to the AUX input of the PA11-VOL).
Would it pause the radio or CD or Pandora or MP3 feature when it tells me to take next exit etc... ? The pA11-VOL will stop anything, the phone stops playing whatever is playing and allows you hear the voice guidance (provided your MAP-APP has the ability to do that). If connected to the aux input of the PA11-VOL and your radio is in CD Changer mode, it's all herd through the speakers..

Thank you
Victor C

USA SPEC

Here is a link to a YouTube install - it even shows how a Smart Phone will work on the AUX

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Got one if you want one
JRL

Do you have much experience with the AUX and maybe an Android phone?

How much do you want for the one you have?

Why are you selling it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts