SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked and don't see a thread where people are discussing prices they are finding on XC40s. I would think by now one should be able to start getting some decent deals. Any numbers out there? Thank you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I looked and don't see a thread where people are discussing prices they are finding on XC40s. I would think by now one should be able to start getting some decent deals. Any numbers out there? Thank you.
As of 3 weeks ago no deals to be had in my area - Maryland. XC40s incredibly hard to find - very few on the lots and most/all on the boats already claimed. In fact the various 'real price' websites were all still showing the average price being paid as above MSRP.

That being said, I did get the $1,000 loyalty credit and the dealer threw in a set of roof cross bars (about $300) for free.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
As of 3 weeks ago no deals to be had in my area - Maryland. XC40s incredibly hard to find
I think that's artificial inflation of availability/demand. There are literaly 50-70 cars sitting on the lot at each NJ dealer near me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Gengras Volvo in CT had 40 XC40s between their two locations as of the other day. Many of the XC40s on the lot near my house have been there for a while. The T4s have been there for months I think, which makes sense because of the location.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah not the case down here. Between the two local Volvo dealers there were 3 total T5s. Two of them were the light blue color that I didn't want. The grey one I ended up with was only available because the prior purchaser had backed out at the last minute. They showed me the in transit list and most of those were already allocated as well.

I've dealt with the dealer on two prior purchases and both times they were happy to negotiate. This time they were fine with me not buying it because they felt it would get purchased at MSRP very quickly.

I guess I could have purchased from Jersey and shipped, but I don't think the bottom line would have been any better.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Out here in Northern California I see very few XC40s on the lots. Where a dealer may have 20 XC60s, they have 2 XC40s.

Can the person who said there is a NJ dealer with ~40 XC40s in the USA please provide the link?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kundert Volvo and Prestige Volvo are the 2 major New Jersey dealers close to Manhattan. Both are showing 33 and 68 XC40s respectively. Most are T5 Momentum and R-Design.

Manhattan (my dealer) has 60+ also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not sure what those dealer's policies are, but I wonder if some of those are already purchased and still being listed pending the final sale.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The small dealership on Long Island where I leased my XC40 currently has 27 in stock some T4 mostly T5. I believe some are canceled CBV orders since NY had issues approving it. But I think the real issue is that the current lease deals in the NYC metro area suck. I think the initial demand has waned and it seems Volvo hasn’t adjusted pricing. I leased my inscription back in June 2018 the car was suppose to arrive end of June didn’t arrive until middle of July but if I had not signed the lease agreement when I did it would have been $50 more a month. The lease deals are still terrible. I love my XC40 and I’m happy with the deal I got but in this area people mostly lease on price and if they can get a bmw for a better deal they will.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The XC40 is not selling. My dealer has 31 in stock ( 10 inscriptions, 11 momentums, and 10 R-design) I am coming up on 1 year (April) in my lease and I just saw 2 on road for the first time last week. This past year I have been the only XC40 around. I see a lot of XC90. - Kris :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve actually never seen one on the road either. But the dealers say this is the most sought after car in the country. I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I’ve actually never seen one on the road either. But the dealers say this is the most sought after car in the country. I don’t think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen less than a dozen in a year that they've been selling them.
According to the sales figures - they do sell well, and sell a decent amount, however...this is not as rosy as dealers make it out to be.
I've talked to two GMs at dealerships and they both complained about lack of dealer monies on it from Volvo. Inventory is building up now, since the hype is dying down.
2020s are around the corner and the 2019 inventory is pretty sizeable on the dealer lots.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
It depends on where you're located. I've heard the XC40 isn't selling so well in the North, for some reason. In the South they're selling quickly, however. My dealer still isn't budging off of MSRP yet their inventory is mostly pre-sold before it hits the ground. The few that actually hit their lot seem to be sold within a week or so. I'd say they're moving quite briskly.

You can get a better-equipped XC60 for the same or less than a lesser XC40, here.
I'd agree with this. In Chicagoland, these are selling like hotcakes. Granted this was in 2018, but when I picked up mine, the dealership had 2 families waiting behind me to buy the car in case I chose not to. Current inventory seems to go in about a week.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts