SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

861 - 880 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, 1st time poster. I am currently looking at a 2021 XC90 T6 momentum with advanced package, protection package and HK. MSRP $63k. I’ve got an offer for $53k. I live in SoCal. I was thinking about waiting till end of December to see if I can get another grand off with the Christmas holidays and possible COVID surging. I would finance through Volvo or secure my own financing. They will not offer 0% as I am already getting a “good deal”. No trade in. I am a Costco member. No A plan or volvo loyalty. I am in no hurry to buy and would actually prefer a base T6 Mometum with no options but I can’t find those anywhere right now and was thinking there might be more inventory in the next couple months. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think its odd that they would remove 0% APR because it's a good deal? I think I got an good deal and I did a 0% APR for 5 years with nothing down through Volvo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think its odd that they would remove 0% APR because it's a good deal? I think I got an good deal and I did a 0% APR for 5 years with nothing down through Volvo.
And what was the good deal before the 0% financing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea I was annoyed they wouldn’t offer the 0% APR as well. I even called Volvo corporate to see if there was some rule precluding 0% for other dealer incentives and they said no. What was your deal Efenili?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea I was annoyed they wouldn’t offer the 0% APR as well. I even called Volvo corporate to see if there was some rule precluding 0% for other dealer incentives and they said no. What was your deal Efenili?
Mine is posted above. It's quite a different package but seems to be a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 AWD T6 Momentum CPO 35K miles, Momentum Plus, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W Audio, 20" Wheels, 10y/Unlimited CPO Warranty, Wear Maintenance package (brakes and wipers), $43K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a quick question regarding the Costco bonus. Is that applied after or before taxes? meaning will the purchase price itself will be reduced by 1250 to reduce the taxable amount Or they deduct 1250 after taxes are calculated?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a quick question regarding the Costco bonus. Is that applied after or before taxes? meaning will the purchase price itself will be reduced by 1250 to reduce the taxable amount Or they deduct 1250 after taxes are calculated?
I think from the quotes I have been getting it seems to be pre tax. Only one that seems to be after tax is loyalty bonus.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can get 0% financing but you also then get a lower cash allowance. For the T8's I have been looking at it is $2K plus 0% financing or $4K if you pay cash or use non promotional financing. I'm probably going to go with my own bank financing because I'm expecting to pay less than $2K in interest over the life of the loan. If you don't want to put much down and have a highly optioned car it might make sense to go with the 0%.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all, 1st time poster. I am currently looking at a 2021 XC90 T6 momentum with advanced package, protection package and HK. MSRP $63k. I’ve got an offer for $53k. I live in SoCal. I was thinking about waiting till end of December to see if I can get another grand off with the Christmas holidays and possible COVID surging. I would finance through Volvo or secure my own financing. They will not offer 0% as I am already getting a “good deal”. No trade in. I am a Costco member. No A plan or volvo loyalty. I am in no hurry to buy and would actually prefer a base T6 Mometum with no options but I can’t find those anywhere right now and was thinking there might be more inventory in the next couple months. Any suggestions?
You might want to look into a T8 as well. With the Federal tax credit and other incentives you are probably looking at the same net pricing as a T6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m looking at a 2021. Eligible for Costco, military and loyalty. Is there anything I’m missing or can be combined with these on top of a dealer discount? It looks like I can take 0% but unsure what the option (cash on hood) from Volvo would be if I didn’t. It also seems like dealers are freely willing to negotiate on T5 XC90’s over a T6, first offer I got was 18.2% off sticker + TTL on a 21!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might want to look into a T8 as well. With the Federal tax credit and other incentives you are probably looking at the same net pricing as a T6.
Yes I actually changed my mind and now I’m looking at a T8 as you stated it is about the same price with rebate. According to the salesman, Volvo is discontinuing the T6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My local dealer is offering this on a T5 AWD, with hidden hitch installed and free Polestar:

MSRP/Retail $57,275.00
Discount $6,500.00
Selling Price $50,775.00
Trade Difference $50,775.00
Government Fees $352.00
Proc/Doc Fees $899.00
Subtotal (Selling Price + Addons) $52,026.00
Total Taxes $3,196.91
Rebates $3,250.00
Total Balance Due $51,972.91

Is this a good deal? Assuming this is cash and not 0%.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all, so we pulled the trigger on following today
2021 XC90 T8 Inscription - Climate package, Advanced package, Air Suspension, Protection package. Black with Blonde interior. MSRP of 76625. Final price after discounts and rebates came to 65150 with 0% financing. It would have been 2k less without the financing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2021 XC90 T8 Inscription - Climate package, Advanced package, Air Suspension, Protection package. Black with Blonde interior. MSRP of 76625. Final price after discounts and rebates came to 65150 with 0% financing. It would have been 2k less without the financing.
Congrats :) Not sure if my contact helped at all but looks like a sweet deal and nice ride! Air Suspension inclusion is awesome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats :) Not sure if my contact helped at all but looks like a sweet deal and nice ride! Air Suspension inclusion is awesome!
Thanks. While I didnt end up using Mckevitt San Leandro for my deal, your contact definitely helped. I ended up buying at Autonation San Jose.
Loving the ride.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My local dealer is offering this on a T5 AWD, with hidden hitch installed and free Polestar:

MSRP/Retail $57,275.00
Discount $6,500.00
Selling Price $50,775.00
Trade Difference $50,775.00
Government Fees $352.00
Proc/Doc Fees $899.00
Subtotal (Selling Price + Addons) $52,026.00
Total Taxes $3,196.91
Rebates $3,250.00
Total Balance Due $51,972.91

Is this a good deal? Assuming this is cash and not 0%.
Your discount from the MSRP is about 17%, based on the sum of Discount and Rebates. Not bad, but could be better in my opinion. I shoot for at least 20%ish off MSRP and have been successful in the past, with my current '20 XC90 as the latest example. Not sure where your location is and how popular the Volvos are in your location, but if I were you, I will counter offer $50k OTD, as long as you're not asking for the 0% financing. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. Was the $65,150 out the door, or was that before taxes and fees? Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Before taxes
Thanks, I assumed that was the case but just thought to ask. I have been looking at Inscription Expressions with stickers around $68-69K. Best I have been able to do so far is about $62,500 out the door on one with an MSRP of $68,575. ($58.3K selling price with $1K loyalty and $1,133 Clean fuel rebates applied after taxes and fees.) Was thinking perhaps I should look into an Inscription as it seems like you and efenili got good deals on them.

861 - 880 of 881 Posts