SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

481 - 500 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been trying to get a XC90 T8 Momentum in the Northwest. There are not a many of them readily available in this area so the dealer I have been working with won't honor A-Plan pricing. I have been waiting a couple of days to see if they would comeback with a decent offer, but nothing yet. Definitely a bit disappointed, but probably should remain patient. I already "over-paid for the XC60 T8 two months ago because of lack of supply.
Find a dealer that has the car you want, and accept A-plan. It's probably a lot cheaper to buy a plane ticket, drive the car back and use A-Plan compared to overpaying at a dealer. I would broaden your search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you considered special order? Or would they not honor a plan either that way. I would also move on to another dealer I didn't know they could deny it...maybe reach out to volvo coperate..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I might look into an order, but I was trying to take advantage of the Season Greetings Promotion this month. I didn't know a dealer could deny the program until they did on Friday. I looked into it and they are indeed not required to participate:

"Participating Volvo Retailers agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document. Authorized Volvo Retailers are encouraged, but not required, to participate in the A Plan by Volvo program. All customers will receive an A-Plan by Volvo "Pricing Agreement" which will identify the A-Plan purchase price, the price of each Retailer-added option, any negative equity on the trade-in unit, gifts, and any other allowable fees and taxes. The A-Plan by Volvo Pricing Agreement must be signed by the Retailer and the customer, and a copy provided to the customer."

I think the issue is the T8. So far two dealers have ignored my request for A-Plan pricing on in stock T8s. I guess I should widen the search, but unfortunately won't be able to get it done in December to take advantage of the extra 5k in discounts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Find a dealer that has the car you want, and accept A-plan. It's probably a lot cheaper to buy a plane ticket, drive the car back and use A-Plan compared to overpaying at a dealer. I would broaden your search.
Yes, I would broaden your search. If you order at this point, you will lose the 3000 holiday incentive that's available and the program will probably change. Have the dealer look for any allocations that's in transit and not assigned and you may get lucky. My dealer was able to find almost my exact build already on a ship heading to the dealership that was a cancelled custom order.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I might look into an order, but I was trying to take advantage of the Season Greetings Promotion this month. I didn't know a dealer could deny the program until they did on Friday. I looked into it and they are indeed not required to participate:

"Participating Volvo Retailers agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document. Authorized Volvo Retailers are encouraged, but not required, to participate in the A Plan by Volvo program. All customers will receive an A-Plan by Volvo "Pricing Agreement" which will identify the A-Plan purchase price, the price of each Retailer-added option, any negative equity on the trade-in unit, gifts, and any other allowable fees and taxes. The A-Plan by Volvo Pricing Agreement must be signed by the Retailer and the customer, and a copy provided to the customer."

I think the issue is the T8. So far two dealers have ignored my request for A-Plan pricing on in stock T8s. I guess I should widen the search, but unfortunately won't be able to get it done in December to take advantage of the extra 5k in discounts.
When I placed my order I was able to lock in the incentives at the time of my order...not sure why that would change it was only 4 months ago so I can't imagine that has changed...you should inquire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I placed my order I was able to lock in the incentives at the time of my order...not sure why that would change it was only 4 months ago so I can't imagine that has changed...you should inquire.

Oh I see, so possibly with a special order, I could lock in A-Plan pricing and the season's greeting's incentives? I didn't realize that this was a possibility. I had assumed that the pricing would be finalized at delivery, but it would be great if I could lock it in up front.

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to follow-up with my dealer (and others) about this. Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh I see, so possibly with a special order, I could lock in A-Plan pricing and the season's greeting's incentives? I didn't realize that this was a possibility. I had assumed that the pricing would be finalized at delivery, but it would be great if I could lock it in up front.

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to follow-up with my dealer (and others) about this. Thanks!
Yes you can lock them in...the only downside is the approx. 3 month wait for the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 T5
MSRP $54,490
Negotiated Price $47,440

Trade-In = $4500

39/10 Lease

First payment due at signing

$510/month

Ok deal? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
309 Posts

You will receive dealership incentives, if any, at the time of placing order thru normal negotiation. Factory incentives will be applied at the time of vehicle delivery at the dealership. I ended up buying on the lot, though it's not exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You will receive dealership incentives, if any, at the time of placing order thru normal negotiation. Factory incentives will be applied at the time of vehicle delivery at the dealership. I ended up buying on the lot, though it's not exactly what I was looking for.
I am not sure what is a dealership incentive...but I was able to lock in a-plan pricing and all applicable volvo incentives when I placed my order. The best part is when the car comes in and there are better incentives you can apply those instead of what you locked in at time of order.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's my deal - feel like I did okay (also cross-posted on Edmunds)
XC90 T6AWD Momentum (Plus/Conv/21" wheels/integrated booster/heated SW/sunglasses holder) Denim Blue/Amber
Sale price $52,710 - Capital Cost $53,254 - MSRP $60,940. Due at signing $895 (includes $632 first month plus DMV).
39months/7,500M, $632/mo. lease Includes $2,150 NY Taxes included (need to be paid upfront). Includes A-Plus $750 "rebate"

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am not sure what is a dealership incentive...but I was able to lock in a-plan pricing and all applicable volvo incentives when I placed my order. The best part is when the car comes in and there are better incentives you can apply those instead of what you locked in at time of order.

I could never get a solid answer in lease deals across BMW, Audi, and Volvo. From what I was told, you can lock in your lease program (MF/Residual/Price) but could only apply factory incentives at the time of sale. If the lease program improved, then you could switch to that. Would love a Volvo CA to chime in if possible.

·
Registered
309 Posts
^^I know as a fact that the current Swede Greetings incentive cannot be locked in until the vehicle is here for special order.

·
Registered
155 Posts
^^I know as a fact that the current Swede Greetings incentive cannot be locked in until the vehicle is here for special order.
All I know when i special ordered I was able to lock current incentives as a fact.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Cool. So did you lock the Conquest offer or Sweden's Greetings Incentive?
It was the incentive in place after midsommar program and the current Sweden's greeting...but it was the same amount as Sweden's greeting so it didn't matter

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finally picked up my car over the weekend, it was a special order, so nothing special pricing-wise, A-Plan Elite pricing (invoice), then 5K incentive and $750 A-Plan bonus money and thats about it.
We just picked up our 2018 XC90 T8 Inscription using the A Plan, pretty standard pricing as one would expect. Added options Convenience pkg, Metallic Paint, Bumper cover, Booster seat and charcoal headliner, MSRP 74170. After A plan -$750 Elite bonus and $5000 Swedens Greetings, final price for tax and title $64536. Expecting another $5002 from federal credit, $1500 St of CA and $2000 county rebate, so a total of $8502 in credits/rebates. $56,034 not including taxes, adding taxes/title fees $5646. So after everything total cost $61680.
You're right.

Some Volvo promotions are "lockable" on orders (honor the pricing when the car arrives) and others are not. In October, the incentive was "lockable", but not "lockable" in Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can also confirm that the current holiday incentives are not lockable on an order. I have tried multiple dealers, but since it is a Volvo rule, there is nothing that can do.

I have also tried to buy a car at a non-local dealership, but pickup when I return from a trip in January and this is also not feasible if I want the 5000 USD holiday promotion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can also confirm that the current holiday incentives are not lockable on an order. I have tried multiple dealers, but since it is a Volvo rule, there is nothing that can do.

I have also tried to buy a car at a non-local dealership, but pickup when I return from a trip in January and this is also not feasible if I want the 5000 USD holiday promotion.
My Volvo A-plan have equal benefit($5000), then it is okay. I believe A-Plan and season greeting cannot apply at the same time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finally picked up my car over the weekend, it was a special order, so nothing special pricing-wise, A-Plan Elite pricing (invoice), then 5K incentive and $750 A-Plan bonus money and thats about it.
We just picked up our 2018 XC90 T8 Inscription using the A Plan, pretty standard pricing as one would expect. Added options Convenience pkg, Metallic Paint, Bumper cover, Booster seat and charcoal headliner, MSRP 74170. After A plan -$750 Elite bonus and $5000 Swedens Greetings, final price for tax and title $64536. Expecting another $5002 from federal credit, $1500 St of CA and $2000 county rebate, so a total of $8502 in credits/rebates. $56,034 not including taxes, adding taxes/title fees $5646. So after everything total cost $61680.
My Volvo A-plan have equal benefit($5000), then it is okay. I believe A-Plan and season greeting cannot apply at the same time.
You can definitely combine the two programs. Don't let your dealer tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In discussion with the Volvo Chat this evening, I was informed that the A-Plan "Volvo Allowance" of 5000 USD for the XC90 T8 is the same as the Holiday Promotion and therefore has the same delivery restrictions of 1/2/18.

481 - 500 of 881 Posts