SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 877 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to start a discussion on prices paid on 2016 XC90s. Please list equipment or MSRP. Also, if anyone has Lease prices paid: Cap Cost, MF, Residual.

Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
566 Posts
$66,205 plus TTL. See signature for car details. I got hosed, but according to truecar.com, this was the price I was expected to pay in my area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wanted to start a discussion on prices paid on 2016 XC90s. Please list equipment or MSRP. Also, if anyone has Lease prices paid: Cap Cost, MF, Residual.

Thanks Everyone.
Got a Momentum Plus, with Convenience, Climate, Vision and Contour Seats (in White). Paid $2,550 below sticker. Leased for 36 months (12k miles) with a factor of .0012 and a 56% residual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a T6 momentum with Vision, Convenience, Momentum Plus and Climate w/HUD and I paid 56,980. I believe I got $2000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Thanks Everyone.
Great idea. It would be best if everyone posted their price based on either MSRP or Invoice so it's easy to compare. I was offered $4000 off on a $68900 MSRP car. I didn't order yet but will do so once the 2017s are available. Hopefully the same pricing will be available the

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea. It would be best if everyone posted their price based on either MSRP or Invoice so it's easy to compare. I was offered $4000 off on a $68900 MSRP car. I didn't order yet but will do so once the 2017s are available. Hopefully the same pricing will be available the
I am interested in an inscription t8 with Conv/Vision/B&W/Apple/21 8 Spoke/Air Ride/Metallic. Hoping to get 4k off MSRP or more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am interested in an inscription t8 with Conv/Vision/B&W/Apple/21 8 Spoke/Air Ride/Metallic. Hoping to get 4k off MSRP or more.
Might be useful to know where too. In the DC area dealers are sticking very close to MSRP still. I had to push very hard to get $2,550 off sticker. The day I was picking up my car (Superbowl Sunday) my was delivering 9 XC90s leaving them only 4 on the lot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was offered this price in the NJ area on T6 models only. T8 would not be discounted at all I was told.
Remember good deals would be deals at invoice +/- 500. So to get that rough consistent figure is about 90-92% of Sticker
Invoice when I calculated was 6% off based on the momentum and R design I was looking at. Markup isn't that high on the Volvo

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
What did your salesman say?
He said "we can do that" but he may be saying something different once we come in to sign the papers.

In some email exchanges he had mentioned a $400+ advertising fee and docs fees which I said I wouldnt be paying.
There is enough profit in the dealer holdback especially for an ordered car that won't sit on their lot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rather than people say "$xxxx" off MSRP, it would be nice if you just state the price so there's no assumptions (plus I don't memorize all the MSRPs).

New Jersey T6, momentum, vision, convenience, HUD, load bars, tow hitch and weather mats: 53k plus tax

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rather than people say "$xxxx" off MSRP, it would be nice if you just state the price so there's no assumptions (plus I don't memorize all the MSRPs).

New Jersey T6, momentum, vision, convenience, HUD, load bars, tow hitch and weather mats: 53k plus tax

The way to make it easiest for anyone to reference would be to post the discount and the MSRP or the discount off of Invoice. (Ie. 4000 off MSRP of $68000, or $500 over invoice).

If you list just the Price or the Discount someone would then have to go figure out what the MSRP of the said vehicle is.

·
Registered
241 Posts
if you say so. IMHO I don't care about MSRP or Invoice... just made up prices anyway (plus they change). I am aware that everybody's frame of reference and needs are not going to be the same as mine.
Side note: if somebody said "$500 over invoice" I would still need to lookup a number to determine price paid.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Load bars and tow hitch are accessories, and they are separated from the discount of the MSRP. Two dealers quoted me these two items for ~2.5k. Without trailer wiring, the quote was under 2k. If you also have wiring, you got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Load bars and tow hitch are accessories, and they are separated from the discount of the MSRP. Two dealers quoted me these two items for ~2.5k. Without trailer wiring, the quote was under 2k. If you also have wiring, you got a pretty good deal.
I often see people talking in terms of discounts from MSRP, but this not how I negotiated or how my dealer presented any deals to me. I told him everything I wanted, including those accessories and asked for the best price he could do for the whole package. As a consumer, it doesn't really matter to me where these items are installed, who is paying for them, or if they are paid for at a later time. This gave me an easy simple point of reference when negotiating with 10 different dealers. I think it also bypasses the mental pricing gimmick of discounting MSRP and then having to pay full price on some of the expensive add-ons.

1 - 20 of 877 Posts