SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
There aren't any "US" or "Euro" lights for the V50. They are the same... The only difference being, that US cars have DRL switched as a standard (unless removed).

The orange reflector is also always there. No matter if facelift or prefacelift. US or EU.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Oh, and the facelift is something rather "normal" now :D A few have done it, like crossie.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I was looking at the face lift for a while (going from 2005 to more recent years) but then I always fall in the same dilemma of money spending . . . Is it better to spend your money on facial improvements that makes the car look really nice but will stay fresh for only a few years, or to spend it on performance which aren't appreciable by others but makes the ride a lot more fun to drive . . .

Ideally you'd do it all but then for the same price of that improvements you can get a better car :p
I guess it always depends on preferences, and passion, but I always seem to fall back on performances :p

The best is to do it like Crossie did: when it gets bad and you need it fix, rather then just fix it you improve it! That goes for a lot of wear items from body work, to lens aging, to suspension and brake ware...

Final thought: Does anyone think it is sometime nice for a vehicle to keep it's styling from the year(s) of fabrication so it retains its original history? just a thought... (that doesn't really apply for the sport trims obviously if within the same year)
Well, here in Germany, a classic car (H plates) must have either its original design, or an at least 20 year old change/modification in order to be classed as a proper classic (Oldtimer).

I personally like the car's look outside to be more individual (hence my car being different). A facelift will sometimes fake the cars age from a distance, but a simple look up close will give it all away. Small mirrors, unpainted side trim, old interior. Outside: Yay, Inside: Nay!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.