SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the build quality, fit and finish of the S60 about same as the Swedish built Volvos?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had several Swedish-built Volvos as well as one from Belgium, and am now in a US-built S60. In fairness, I've only covered about 9k miles so far, but quality is the same as far as I can tell--which is to say 0 issues so far. I actually think the S60 probably has the best ride and handling of any Volvo I've driven.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
You can check problems reported here. There is report on S60 door weather strip, which didn't happen for XC60 or 90 series.
And there were reports on sunroof fitting issue On early MY2016 XC90.
So, problem happens occasionally, they will still learn and fix.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You can check problems reported here. There is report on S60 door weather strip, which didn't happen for XC60 or 90 series.
And there were reports on sunroof fitting issue On early MY2016 XC90.
So, problem happens occasionally, they will still learn and fix.
Yeah, I have been one of the VERY few ones to be dealing with unfortunate and less than stellar quality control it seems when it comes to my S60. Haven't nearly had the amount of little issues I am having with this one as opposed to the plethora of various other models we have had over the years. I do know mine is a pretty early build so maybe its just the luck of the draw when buying a brand new model, in a brand new facility, with brand new assemblers!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah, I have been one of the VERY few ones to be dealing with unfortunate and less than stellar quality control it seems when it comes to my S60. Haven't nearly had the amount of little issues I am having with this one as opposed to the plethora of various other models we have had over the years. I do know mine is a pretty early build so maybe its just the luck of the draw when buying a brand new model, in a brand new facility, with brand new assemblers!
I’m willing to bet this is the case. I’ve had a few new cars and the only one I never had problems with was one that was the last model year build. The others have been first model years and I can’t tell you the amount of quality issues I have had with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts