SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Chicago-bound T8 is out at sea aboard the Oberon, making a stop today in Belgium and scheduled for Baltimore port arrival 12/12 - hoping for an early Xmas :).

Anyone else have a boat/port status for T8s? If you have your VIN, track it here: http://www.2wglobal.com/ click "Track & Trace" and enter VIN into the furthest field to the right "Cargo ID". You can click on the Voyage Number to track the most recent vessel. I am told this only works once your Volvo has made it to the port of origin (i.e. post-production).

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I'll cross my fingers for your christmas delivery, keep in mind that all T8s are currently being held at the port pending EPA certification of their eMPG ratings... Volvo has no further info as to whether its a few days or a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Our Chicago-bound T8 is out at sea aboard the Oberon, making a stop today in Belgium and scheduled for Baltimore port arrival 12/12 - hoping for an early Xmas :).

Anyone else have a boat/port status for T8s? If you have your VIN, track it here: http://www.2wglobal.com/ click "Track & Trace" and enter VIN into the furthest field to the right "Cargo ID". You can click on the Voyage Number to track the most recent vessel. I am told this only works once your Volvo has made it to the port of origin (i.e. post-production).
Very exciting.......keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I'll cross my fingers for your christmas delivery, keep in mind that all T8s are currently being held at the port pending EPA certification of their eMPG ratings... Volvo has no further info as to whether its a few days or a few weeks.
So I've heard! That's really unfortunate especially for all those whose T8s are already here at port, just waiting to go home. Let's hope EPA can finish up soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Atlantic Compass is supposed to leave today or tomorrow, bound for Baltimore by 12/19. Our T8 was loaded on today.

Does anyone know the website where the EPA numbers will be shown once available?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been checking http://www.fueleconomy.gov/, but I'm curious if anyone else knows of another source. I'm also curious if there's access to any information about how this process is progressing. I'm assuming it's a "it'll be done when it's done" situation...
If only those folks at EPA knew how patient we were all being.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My T8 is at sea on board the Manon...just about at the Panama Canal. Due in port in CA on 12/10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Our T8 arrived at the port in Gothenburg on 11/27. according to the dealer, it is scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, Georgia on 12/22. YEA!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to hear so many T8s are out there on the open water! Hopefully somebody is taking good care of them on their journey and EPA finalizes those emissions so we can all take delivery soon! That 2015 tax credit deadline is approaching!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been checking http://www.fueleconomy.gov/, but I'm curious if anyone else knows of another source. I'm also curious if there's access to any information about how this process is progressing. I'm assuming it's a "it'll be done when it's done" situation...
Volvo will get the results from the EPA and then fueleconomy.com will publish it. I checked with EPA and they won't give any info. Volvo has a mailing list that you can join to get early information.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm likewise waiting for a T8 as well - I think it was showing a 12 Dec 2015 in port date ... hopefully the regulatory people get their work done and these vehicles get released before year's end!

·
Registered
478 Posts
My dealer mentioned to me that California wanted to do some more testing on the T8. I hope that this doesn't slow anyone's order down.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If only those folks at EPA knew how patient we were all being.
Damned government regulators. This ain't VW :D. Love your selection of colors though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My dealer mentioned to me that California wanted to do some more testing on the T8. I hope that this doesn't slow anyone's order down.
Will that make the T8 qualify for California's rebate program and the green carpool stickers?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Will that make the T8 qualify for California's rebate program and the green carpool stickers?
He didn't elaborate, but he blamed it on Volkswagon muddying the waters for everyone.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My T8 was a US OSD order - last week of May 2015

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just curious on the wait time
When did you all order your T8's that are shipping now?
Ours was ordered mid May

1 - 20 of 63 Posts