SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the upper UR braces tomorrow. However, I cannot find any instructions anywhere.

Does anyone know where to get instructions? Or, if not instructions, just torque specs, whether I need to put washers/bolts, etc?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I want to install the upper UR braces tomorrow. However, I cannot find any instructions anywhere.

Does anyone know where to get instructions? Or, if not instructions, just torque specs, whether I need to put washers/bolts, etc?
Both are pretty straight forward, don't really need instructions for either. Both took like mins to install (5 for the front and 10 for the rear)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, that is what I thought too. But, are there any torque specs? Or is it "as tight as a hand tool can get it" or "use an impact wrench"?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Okay, that is what I thought too. But, are there any torque specs? Or is it "as tight as a hand tool can get it" or "use an impact wrench"?
"Tight" works. Otherwise, I believe you're looking at 25 Nm (17 ft-lb). I think the bolts are M8? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Really simple install. Just be ready to crawl in your trunk.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Really simple install. Just be ready to crawl in your trunk.
Truth. And go to the hardware store and buy some extra matching screws/washers/nuts [or at least ones that would work] as you WILL drop AT LEAST one set while doing the trunk job.

I would tighten everything down as tight as you comfortably can. After driving 100 miles or so, just go back and check/tighten everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts