SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked through some threads- I'm sure this has been posted on a million times and didn't find anything right away, so here we go--

I had a 1/2" suspension lower when I had new Monroes thrown on all around, afterword (I am still grateful for the components and the price) I realized when this work was done, the bushings and spring seats weren't replaced. Since, I'm getting some creaking in the front passengers side. Obviously it isn't my struts, so the leaves only 2 things- spring seat and bushings. My question is:: When ordering the bushings, is it more likely for the lower control arm (which i believe is more common) or the uppers? I realize you can just look to see if they are old or cracked, but I wanted to reach out and get a larger perspective. Also if it is the spring seat more than the bushings, i suppose that would be harder to inspect? Either way I anticipate putting a new seat on when doing the bushings because it will already be disassembled-- In short, are the bushings likely uppers or lowers? Any brand preference here? Thanks in advance for your thoughts/recommendations..!

Thanks in advance for the thoughts/recommendations..!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Niceee! Thanks for the tip on that-- haven't ordered parts yet..was going to jack it and scope the bushings first, but that definitely makes sense about the spring seat:: prolly wouldn't kill me to also put new bushings on anyway

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts