SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am about to install a Xenon Depot 4300k conversion kit. I am aware of the bulb failure message that will appear and will take care of that with the fix that XenonValot offers. My question is regarding the Daytime Running Lights. Is the voltage for the DRL's the same as the normal low beams? It appears to be as far as brightness is concerned but i have heard rumors that the DRL circuit will wreak havoc on HID's, particularly the relay(for example blown relays etc.) I am debating whether to get my DRL's turned off by the dealer but would like to save myself 88 dollars if I could. Theoretically if the DRL's run on the same voltage as the normal low beams, then the HID's would be fine correct? I am not concerned with them being on all the time. HID's last three times longer than halogens anyways. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Upgrading to HID's(a couple of questions) (T5Killa)

I updated my headlights to 6000k xenons just a few months ago and have not had any problems with the drl circuit. Like you said I think they run off the same voltage. I was actually at the dealer this morning for an oil change and requested the DRL's to be turned off. Orinally quoted me $30 but wanted to charge $50 at the end claiming it was a misquote, I got it for $30 regardless. I like it much better this way, lights won't burn out as quicklky. <p>hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts