SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So I'm thinking about upgrading my head unit from the Hu-650 to a touchscreen Kenwood ddx272
http://www.caraudiogiants.com/kenwood-ddx272.html?gclid=CJbFhrr0tsgCFYQRHwodansHew.
I'm planning on having it professionally done at a nearby audio shop. Just wanted to know if there would be any issues that I should be aware of. I've heard about problems with the head unit not working with the external amplifier and such issues. My car is a 2007 S60 Awd. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The 05+ aftermarket stereo panel isn't as bad as the 01-04 panel, but you would probably be happier if you brought them an OEM panel instead of using the whatever brand they use.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 05+ aftermarket stereo panel isn't as bad as the 01-04 panel, but you would probably be happier if you brought them an OEM panel instead of using the whatever brand they use.
I was thinking of getting the Volvo dash kit from what I read it's good quality and it matches the best.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the external amp is fiber optic? Called my local audio shop and they said if the amp is fiber optic install would run upwards of $300 or more

Edit: I looked under the passenger seat today and found no amp, probably a good thing for installing my new head unit.

The next question is should I add an amp? I assume that Volvo Hu-650 has a built in amplifier so I'm wondering if I should add a external one to my new head unit.
Thoughts on this anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts