SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask for advise. A friend of mine may have access to a fellow parting out an R model. I think it's the same gen. My question is, are there any recommendations on parts I should try to pull that I could install on my S60?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Brakes, but then you MUST run R wheels or an aftermarket wheel that will clear the calipers
Possibly the interior if it's in decent condition, most are not, seats, door panels, dash and gauges.
Other than that, it's pretty much the same car

You want ADVICE not advise

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
If he's giving the downpipe and exhaust away, you could snag those, but I would only BUY larger, freer flowing aftermarket exhaust components. Of course, by 2009, these parts may even be the same. The intakes and exhaust manifold on non-Rs got switched over by then...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Question for Thaxman. Are you saying my 2009 exhaust or downpipe may already be the same diameter as the R? And that he the R and my S60 2.5T have the same manifolds?

Question for JRL. Do you know if the turbo is worth taking?

Thanks. Appreciate your advice!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Thanks guys.

Question for Thaxman. Are you saying my 2009 exhaust or downpipe may already be the same diameter as the R? And that he the R and my S60 2.5T have the same manifolds?

Question for JRL. Do you know if the turbo is worth taking?

Thanks. Appreciate your advice!
Take the turbo and all the lines that connect to it, it's a KKK24 that flows something like 527cfm while your stock TD04L-14T only flows around 360cfm, basically it's a huge improvement.

The things I would snag are as follows:
turbo and all lines (including intake piping and OTE pipe, basically if it's connected to the turbo besides the downpipe and exhaust manifold I'd take it)
wheels
brakes (calipers, rotors, and brackets)
intake manifold cover (the silver piece that covers the intake manifold and says "R" on the front, just for looks)
injectors

granted only take these things if they're cheap enough, running an R turbo would require some supporting things such as an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust and custom tune, but you will see massive performance gains .

Downpipe is roughly the same, exhaust is different and will not fit properly. R's and 2.5T's had all the same manifolds.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Depends on the cost of the parts and your goals for the car. If they are cheap or free then take what you can fit in your car/trailer. Even if you don't use the turbo you can sell it. You can upgrade but like mentioned you're gonna need some expensive custom tuning to make those R parts work safely on your 2.5T.

Gauge cluster might be worth snagging if you like that look. You can swap the backplate without software changes....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Stefan and NJ.

My buddy says he can custom tune my ECM so I'm hoping the components I get will work properly.... I was hoping for a 20% gain in torque and HP.

If I take the brakes; rotor, calipers pads, will they bolt right onto my S60?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help and knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts