SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not an owner yet, but I sell Volvo's for a living and that brings me to my challenge. I'm looking for a 2008 ish manual C70 that I want to tune up. I'd like to get it to 300 crank... just because. The polestar tune gets me to 250hp and 273 torque. Living within the parameters of the tune is there any real way to get to 300? The reason I'd like to use Polestar is for marketing. If I can tell folks I have it I can better sell the product. Mostly cause it's cool and builds brand loyality, there isn't really money to be made selling Polestar. However, I'm guessing I'll need some hardware adjustments that the tune won't make use of. Sorry I know it's a noobish question. I can rebuild an old motor but am just starting to learn about computer management etc on newer cars.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So I'm not an owner yet, but I sell Volvo's for a living and that brings me to my challenge. I'm looking for a 2008 ish manual C70 that I want to tune up. I'd like to get it to 300 crank... just because. The polestar tune gets me to 250hp and 273 torque. Living within the parameters of the tune is there any real way to get to 300? The reason I'd like to use Polestar is for marketing. If I can tell folks I have it I can better sell the product. Mostly cause it's cool and builds brand loyality, there isn't really money to be made selling Polestar. However, I'm guessing I'll need some hardware adjustments that the tune won't make use of. Sorry I know it's a noobish question. I can rebuild an old motor but am just starting to learn about computer management etc on newer cars.
Any tune, if done correctly, should take advantage of the available hardware. They work hand in hand.

ie. high flowing intake drawing in cold air must be tuned for to take advantage of it. Big turbo, same deal.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Pretty much echoing what projectsmorlol said.

From what I've learned, Polestar is a safe and reliable tune that will increase the motor's output, but is locked down so won't take full advantage of any other changes.

One example, Shark Performance shows a stage 3 tune to put out an approxamate 310 HP/372 lb ft, but that's the tune + upgraded intake/intercooler/exhaust/downpipe etc

http://www.sharkperformance.us/brands/engine.php?Model=C70 P1 2005-

But hey, I appreciate you being interested in Polestar as a salesperson, the last 2 dealers I went to literally told me something like "oh is it that software thing? yeah, we don't think that's good so we don't talk about it"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts