SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wish you could get the new inscriptions with black trim and black grills. I intend to black out my wheels but it with the chrome trim its a bit .....
I don't feel like going through the trouble of blacking out all the trim myself

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Old grill is listed in the marketplace... but someone did just ask about it today.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fixed the images!

Old grill is now sold. :partywave:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Fixed the images!

Old grill is now sold. :partywave:
Thank you for the update and enjoy the ride with the sleeker grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I already did the window trim dechrome in black vinyl... not sure on the roof rack though. It would be tough to wrap and the swap is a lot of work I have heard.

Reactions: VAVAV

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design T6 AWD Polestar
30 Posts
These couple seem to work. Looks good!

I too have been wanting to do this for months now, but with the 2020 R-Design Grille. I like the matt silver grille surround trim, hence sticking with the MY2020 version.

Taking advantage of the recent Black Friday-ish promo that Volvo had where it was automatically 15% parts and accessories, and using FREESHIP code for free shipping, the 2020 R-Design Grille I ordered was only $335 delivered! No sales and no shipping fees. I ordered it from Courtesy Volvo of Scottsdale through their online store.

Can't wait to do the swap soon. A little Christmas present to my XC90!

Already installed the new style 22" 2020/2021 XC90 R-Design wheels a couple of months ago that I purchased from a fellow member here on Swedespeed. The grille swap will round it off nicely!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Very strange... I could see them when I posted but now its invalid.

Funny enough, I used the same method to post all of the pictures... so no idea why some are showing and others are not. :confused:
I can see all pics (y) Love the black grill, I wrapped my 2020MY including the arrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I finished my install today, Thank you WunderWagen for a great write up, and mod. i definitely would not have done it without this post.
Only difference i did is took off the chrome bits from the grill and painted them to match the car before reinstalling.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That looks great also on the white.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks great also on the white.

Thank you, I rushed the clear coat drying though and it peeled ever so slightly inside the Os in volvo so im going to need to redo it eventually.

My stock grill is also for sale if anyone needs one.

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design T6 AWD Polestar
30 Posts
FYI. Code HAPPYVOLVO gets 20% off at Volvo great mall of georgia.

20% Off
That looks great guys. And great write-up OP!
@phantomdg do you know if they're still doing 15% off? Looked at their site and no mention of it. TIA
Sorry. I just saw your message. The 15% discount that Volvo was offering for Black Friday was only for a period of 3 - 4 days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So dealer is quoting 5 hrs to swap. They originally said they'd do it for free when I bought the car. They're reneging.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Wow, that seems high even for taking the whole front bumper off! I can do it in 30 minutes without taking the bumper off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome swap and great thread. Thanks for sharing. Maybe you can help me over on my thread? I’m looking to do a lower bumper swap from the 2021 R-design. Working with my local dealership on identifying the parts. Having some trouble finding the glossy cover areas above the fog lights on the new 2021. Any help is appreciated.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts