SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse me if this may sound like a silly question, but is the XC90 inscription key system upgradable to "full keyless" post sale?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Please excuse me if this may sound like a silly question, but is the XC90 inscription key system upgradable to "full keyless" post sale?
What do you mean by "full keyless"? The key is not required for locking/unlocking or starting/driving the XC90. It most be in the proximity of the vehicle (i.e. your pocket).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you don't order the "full keyless" you need to unlock the doors via button press on the remote. It becomes keyless as, as you said, once inside the car to start the engine. Also w/o the "full keyless" you don't get the lighted door handles and the foot-operated opening of the back door.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What do you mean by "full keyless"? The key is not required for locking/unlocking or starting/driving the XC90. It most be in the proximity of the vehicle (i.e. your pocket).
It sounds like the standard feature list is different between the EU and US spec XC90's.

Based on the owners manual there are 4 antennas for the passive entry system and keyless start. It looks like there's only one for the keyless start (under the center console). The other antennas are in each rear door and under the third row seats.

This is just speculation, but you could probably add the antennas and do a bit of coding to gain passive entry. It may require getting new exterior door handles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts