SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently saw this on amazon and decided to give it a shot for $15.

Initial impression: The build quality is ok. I did notice better throttle response, but as far as "more horsepower" goes I highly doubt it. Sound and fuel economy were unchanged.

I'm a little worried about fitment as it doesn't seem to be as snug as the Mann filter I usually run. It is SIGNIFICANTLY thinner than the mann filter and for that reason I'm guessing the filter allows more air while allowing more debris through.

Pros: slightly increased throttle response, cheap, washable/reusable, dry style filter

Cons: made in china, questionable fitment and debris filtration.

Overall Id give it a 3/5. Just thought I'd put this up here in case anyone saw these and wanted to give them a shot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have one in my car the seal it makes when push it back in is tight.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Super late bump - I've had one of these for a bit and have some opinions. Related or not, the intake hose leading to the throttle body was dusty when I went in there to clean the TB. This was after running this filter. Used oil analysis showed normal silicon values, though. Holding it up to the light, there are visible pinholes, so I suspect that the intake dust was because of this filter, though can't be sure given the fairly okay UOA. There was faintly perceptible throttle response change initially, but when I switched back to the OEM filter, it took only a day or two to feel just the same as it had with this UPGR8 one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts