SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone followed the instructions at http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9156/ to update Sensus maps via USB?

Starting with Model Year 15.5 you can download the latest maps for Sensus Connect online. The download is carried out using a program installed on your computer. This program helps you to download the large map file and allows you to interrupt the download and resume it later if necessary. Depending on your internet connection and file size, it may take over 2-3 hours to fully download to the USB from your computer.The map must be downloaded to an empty 32GB USB memory stick formatted with FAT32. See detailed information for the relevant map below to see the map file size.

If you do not have an empty USB memory stick, you can download the map to any other location. You then need to copy all files to an empty USB memory stick later on.

The current map version is 31421364.

Note: It is not appropriate to use a mobile connection when downloading the maps; i.e. using mobile devices/phones or if the subscription has a limit on the number of GB that can be downloaded per month.

Download the North America map upgrades here for Windows
Download the North America map upgrades here for Mac

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done it a few times, very easy to do
Good to know. Is this something all owners should do or is OTA upgrades equivalent?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pdxmark1 posted some pretty detailed instructions in an earlier thread. I'll try and find it later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I checked this out a few weeks ago and the message was different:

NOTE: From November 2015, maps can only be downloaded after you have visited your Volvo dealer for a complimentary Sensus Connect upgrade.

A navigation system that was introducted 2015. The map is stored on an internal hard drive. Update is done with a USB stick (64 GB) and the maps are downloaded for free from Volvo Cars Support site.
I don't have the update yet, so figured I couldn't get the updated maps....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts