SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up. I started my car this morning and got a message saying that software updates are available for the four apps in the Sensus. I updated, but didn't have a chance to play around with them.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This is just one of the many minor updates to the original apps. I've had it do this a few times. But until you get the software installed at a dealer (when they resume that), you can't get all the new apps now available.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's interesting. I have never seen my car notify me about updates available...

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is just one of the many minor updates to the original apps. I've had it do this a few times. But until you get the software installed at a dealer (when they resume that), you can't get all the new apps now available.
If I just received my new car, how do I know which software updates have been applied? Does the census show current version of the software?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That's interesting. I have never seen my car notify me about updates available...
Yeah, updates to the apps themselves is the only over-the-air update feature working in the car so far. Neither the Sensus software or the maps will update that way. Unfortunately, it only allows updates of the apps you already had installed based on your Sensus software version. For example, I have an earlier version of the software that the pics above, so I have no way to get TuneIn until they update it at the dealer. Just like those with TuneIn can't get Pandora until they update it at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If I just received my new car, how do I know which software updates have been applied? Does the census show current version of the software?
Unfortunately none of us has identified any way for customers to see the software version #. Volvo seems to not provide that on any customer-facing screen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unfortunately none of us has identified any way for customers to see the software version #. Volvo seems to not provide that on any customer-facing screen.
Interesting that one cannot see what version of the software is on the car. We have a T8 on order. Our Tesla shows this on the main screen when you touch the T in the top middle. I also love the over the air updates to the software and do not have to go into the dealership to have these installed. Hopefully Volvo will do the same.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Interesting that one cannot see what version of the software is on the car. We have a T8 on order. Our Tesla shows this on the main screen when you touch the T in the top middle. I also love the over the air updates to the software and do not have to go into the dealership to have these installed. Hopefully Volvo will do the same.
Telsa has a completely different customer orientation that Volvo and it will likely take an internal change to alter that. The information is available but blocked from view. I thinbk you'll like the T8 as an SUV.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My car displayed that screen for a while yesterday. It later disappeared, and has not returned since. Now it shows no updates available, even though I had not yet applied the "available updates" from yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just actually also got the update notification and was able to make updates. Most noticeable is the weather app which used to display neighborhood names sometimes instead of the city/town you are in. Now it seems to do it properly.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The Volvo manual and settings discuss over the air Sensus and Map updates, but they appear to have never enabled those features for some reason. Both the Maps and Sensus software have had numerous updates but none have triggered an available over-the-air update. My guess is they discovered too high a chance that these updates didn't take right and messed up the software so they have stuck with doing it at the dealer where they can control the process. The updates are pretty large but that itself shouldn't be a problem if they have a proper procedure for the download.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the updates, but I don't see any difference...what are the changes?

I created a wifi hotspot with my phone and connected the car to that. Update took about 10 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts