SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Pole* upgrade on my MY17 XC90 (since I got the car new back then), but I noticed recently that the Pole* site has an updated description for the optimization that references "AWD Torque Distribution." Before I check with my dealer, I was wondering if anyone here had any insight as to whether I can bring my car in and get this updated Pole* version. Like, can they uninstall/reinstall (or refresh?) the software, thus giving me the newer version? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
There is no separate software update available individually for the Polestar. It installs with all other updates when your vehicle is being serviced. If you have had your Vehicle serviced recently, chances are the updated Polestar is already installed in your vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no separate software update available individually for the Polestar. It installs with all other updates when your vehicle is being serviced. If you have had your Vehicle serviced recently, chances are the updated Polestar is already installed in your vehicle.
Ok, thanks for the info. I'm bringing it in to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For inquiring minds, I reached out to Polestar and here is their response:

The AWD bias is included in the annual “service 2.0” software update from July 2018, if you have the optimisation installed. So basically a Service 2.0 is needed to receive the AWD bias.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
For inquiring minds, I reached out to Polestar and here is their response:

The AWD bias is included in the annual “service 2.0” software update from July 2018, if you have the optimisation installed. So basically a Service 2.0 is needed to receive the AWD bias.
Yes. Exactly. Thank you for confirming this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Exactly. Thank you for confirming this.
Sure thing. What's interesting is that the dealer said that IF a Polestar update were available, it would come as part of an update to the ECM, which occurs during the Service 2.0 update...but he also said there is no way to know specifically what gets updated in the ECM, so we'd only be guessing if the Polestar was updated. Nice to get solid confirmation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts