SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the latest that I got:

These are the variants that we will see in the US; XC90 AWD T6ASR5, XC90 AWD T6ASR7, XC90 AWD 2.5TA5, XC90 AWD 2.5TASR5 and XC90 AWD 2.5TASR7. "A SR" stands for the Geartronic transmission (5-speed for the 2.5T and 4-speed for the T6) and Sunroof.

"5" or "7" stand for the amount of available seats.

You can order a non-sunroof XC90 but only with the 2.5T engine and only with the 5-passenger configuration.

There will be FWD models available but only limited in the NorthEast, mainly for the Southern and SouthWestern regions.

Volvo Retailers will get a non-sellable model in early October for people to test-drive while the first models will arrive (for sale/delivery) in early November.

Confirmed exterior colors:

019 Black
189 White
417 Nautic Blue Metallic
426 Silver Metallic
446 Ash Gold Metallic
447 Cypress Green Metallic
452 Black Sapphire Metallic
454 Ruby Red Metallic
456 Crystal Green Metallic

Interior colors:

C070 Graphite cloth/vinyl
C080 Taupe cloth/vinyl
C970 Graphite Leather
C981 Taupe Leather

The available packaged options are:
XC90 2.5T AWD Premium Package (consisting of Leather, Power Passenger Seat, Auto Dimming Mirror, HomeLink, Rear View Memory Mirrors, 6-CD Player In Dash).
XC90 T6 AWD Premium Package (consisting of Power Retractable Rear View Mirrors, Wood Steering Wheel, Premium Sound System, 18" ATLANTIS Alloy Wheels).
XC 90 Security Package (consisting of Laminated Windows, Level Sensor, Mass Movement Sensor, Infrared Windshield).
XC 90 Climate Package (consisting of Heated Front Seats, Headlamp Cleaners, Rain Sensor, Air Quality Sensor).

Individual options are:

Center Booster Cushion
Volvo Navigation System
Bi-Xenon Headlamps (T6 only)
Premium Sound System
Rear Parking Assistance
Cargo Protection Net
Subwoofer
17" NEPTUNE Alloys (std. T6, optional on 2.5T)
Rear Head Phone Outlets

DEFINITIVE PRICING (FOR THE US) WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON AUGUST 10th.

That's all, for now!

OH! I saved the best for last! My Swedish source told to get ready for an XC90 R (MY2004). It is all but a done deal, the only question is whether it will have a V8 or the S60R/V70R engine. Volvo (US) executives are pushing for the "R" engine rather than the V8.

Yannis

·
Registered
184 Posts
So no Bi-Xenon for the 2.5T in the US too. I can understand wanting to limit the SKU's available but why pick something like Bi-Xenon headlamps when they're offered on virtually every other high end vehicle?

Pat

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Iceman:
So no Bi-Xenon for the 2.5T in the US too.
Pat,

this is just for the beginning. A the model year progresses, they will be added to more Volvo models, not just the XC90 2.5T.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Phil Pugliese:
That stupid security package again, why bother.

I think it is a great package. Its most important feature is the "laminated side windows". Tremendous feature. I felt like you back in 2001 when I ordered my car and now I have seriously regretted it. I wish I had appreciated this package more.

Yannis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Thanks for the info Yannis. I wonder how many FWD XC90s they'll sell?
I think you might be surprised. I know a lot of people that live in my area who have purchased FWD RX300's, because there is really no need for AWD around these parts. Also, there are quite a few SUV's and GJC's running around that are not 4x4 models, etc. Especially since these vehicles are slower and less fuel efficient. If I bought an SUV, I would get AWD, but for a lot of people, it just doesn't make sense.

-Drew

·
Registered
184 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

Pat,

this is just for the beginning. A the model year progresses, they will be added to more Volvo models, not just the XC90 2.5T.

Yannis

Yannis, that's good to hear.

Pat

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
The Security Side glass is fine, and it should be standard as it is on the current 80 series, but the motion and inclination sensors are the useless parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts