SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some of you may have read yesterday, after the ongoing saga with getting our XC90 T6 (fully loaded, crystal white/blonde) ordered, Volvo of Burlingame came through in the final hour yesterday afternoon and managed to score a single vehicle order slot that they could change to match our spec, with delivery around the 4th of May (we needed the car by 2nd week of May; no other dealers in California could make this happen).

Fast forward to this morning, and we already have our "FYON" number -- whatever that is :) -- but no other documents, PDFs, nothing signed, etc. Just a $1000 deposit, like last time.

So: what happens next? Any more documents or confirmations? At what point when/where/how can I track our progress? Etc? :)

Thanks!! So excited!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
So, as some of you may have read yesterday, after the ongoing saga with getting our XC90 T6 (fully loaded, crystal white/blonde) ordered, Volvo of Burlingame came through in the final hour yesterday afternoon and managed to score a single vehicle order slot that they could change to match our spec, with delivery around the 4th of May (we needed the car by 2nd week of May; no other dealers in California could make this happen).

Fast forward to this morning, and we already have our "FYON" number -- whatever that is :) -- but no other documents, PDFs, nothing signed, etc. Just a $1000 deposit, like last time.

So: what happens next? Any more documents or confirmations? At what point when/where/how can I track our progress? Etc? :)

Thanks!! So excited!!!!
Checkout the thread already done on tracking. You'll need your car's VIN, which your dealer will give to you once the car's in production. Be patient though... tracking is a stressful thing! Mine was 3 weeks late from the original ETA, so hopefully you have some good luck!

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?31504-Tracking-Volvo-shipment-and-delivery

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,646 Posts

Thanks!! So excited!!!!
I highly recommend that you obtain a copy of the Order Status from your dealer so you can verify the factory options that were ordered. Mistakes can happen and proactive due diligence is the best course. The factory option codes can vary between T6 and T8 - particularly for the sound system. Also, don't forget that the special pricing for different wheel/tire sizes are a factory option (not a port option without substantial price increase). Finally, the the LDOC is the last date of change. This date can move up as easily as it can move back. Try to confirm your options at least 30 days before the stated LDOC. After that, just relax, be patient and occasionally check in with your dealer. Since your car will likely be delivered at Port Hueneme, CA, it can take 30-45 days. Don't forget www.marinetraffic.com once you know the VIN and the vessel name. (Your spouse might want to commit you though ... Be careful. :facepalm:

Also, this thread has a lot of good info: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...d-you-receive-your-VIN&highlight=Order+status

·
Registered
478 Posts
What Gary-16-Xc90 said.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

Thanks!! So excited!!!!
I emailed you re: your order. I will also email you a copy of your specs after you address what I asked you.

Sit tight and May is not as far out as it seems to be. :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to GrecianVolvo, yes, we now have our Order Status! Now we just .... wait. :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks to GrecianVolvo, yes, we now have our Order Status! Now we just .... wait. :)
My pleasure. Glad it all worked out for you and your family. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts