SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time viewer, first time poster. I recently had to replace my 2008 S60 and purchased a 2018 V60 Cross Country. There are somethings that I preferred in my old Volvo and visa verse. The one that I can't get over is how much better a 12 year old HU-650 base sound system sounds over essentially the same car that is 10 years newer. I purchased the 2018 used so I did not have the ability to get the premium sound system. So I am looking for options on how to add back a lot of the low end sound that I am now missing. My current plan has been to purchase slim powered sub-woofer to put under one of the front seats connecting it using a wiring harness to utilize the high end speaker signals and power without needing to splice cables. However, the past two wiring harness that were supposedly compatible weren't. The SOT-8583-02 was close but did not coupling did not snap together the way they should have and was a massive pain to disconnect.

I know there are threads in this forum that touch on this but most seem to pertain to pre-facelift model years. Has anyone had any luck improving quality of the high performance sound systems in 2016-2018 S60/V60s?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I know there are threads in this forum that touch on this but most seem to pertain to pre-facelift model years. Has anyone had any luck improving quality of the high performance sound systems in 2016-2018 S60/V60s?
Depending on your goals, here are a few options: (Search is your friend here)
1.) If you want to stick with OEM, the easiest approach is to replace the current 6.5" front door and front and rear tweeters speakers with Dynaudio speakers or the premium sound speakers from a junk/salvage car;
2.) Second option is to replace the factory amp with the premium sound amp and activate it through vdash with the existing speakers;
3.) Combination 1+2;
4.) Add an aftermarket amp to the current system;
5.) Replace the speakers and amp with aftermarket.
6.) Live with the current setup and replace the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts