SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well about 800miles., seeing 28-29mpg hwy ski trips etc/ solid 26 in daily commute, basically stop and go.

the 3.2 seems eager to go and does not flinch when i step on it.. i was on a well known road with some heavy corners and plenty of visibilty so i was able to really push the cars limits...happy to say when pushed hard the car will hold.. not as good as my 9-5 aero wagon did but for what it is , its very good and found the limiting factor to be the tires..before the suspension train.

ive found the balance for the lighting so that the foot well lights are not a issue and the gauges are good. i have not seen the refelction in the window to date.

not sure about city safety, i have tried to make it work but guess i chicken out and hit brakes before it comes on... any one have a comment on city safety? ive been very close and it didnt activate...?

2 things that bother me- no engine temp gauge? the digital dispay reads km/hr any way to make that read in mph?

was thinking i would do extra oil changes, but people at dealerships telling me waste of money?

i will likely dump the car after the warranty is up , in my case 5 years..so i guess shouldnt sweat the oil interval ..

all and all this car is all what i expected and then some.. very happy i went with the FWD

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't really notice the footwell lighting any longer. Not sure why it was added though.

I hadn't noticed the dash reflection in the windshield until somone else mentioned it here, although your driving position may eliminate it. It also doesn't bother me at this point though.

The one lighting-based irritation for me though is the fog light/highbeam combination. On my 2009, if I toggled the high beams on/off, the fog lights would come back on. On my 2012, the fog lights get turned off and you must press the button again to activate them.

I'm based in Canada, but bought my Volvos in the US (and saved over $10K on each). The "current speed" setting in my case is km/h, since the analog dials are mp/h. We don' look at the analog speedo any longer, just the digital readout. To get mp/h in the digital display area, you'd need a car with Canadian settings.

Re City Safety, I stacked some cardboard boxes to test it, and it worked fine. There's no way I'd test on something more solid. :) Might be worth testing with boxes to confirm all is OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts