SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up all. Just dropped my xc60 off for its 30k services was told that new software came down from Volvo a couple weeks ago. It's getting installed today. I will update if I notice any changes with the driving characteristics of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have a 2011.5 and had a drive-train update recently as well, car feels very different in the lower to mid range RPM

·
Registered
463 Posts
I did the software update in December , I didn't notices anything. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, nothing that I can notice on surface streets or freeways.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine performs smoother at low and mid rpm. The drivetrain shudder from being in too high a gear at low rpm is gone. And the major vehicle shaking shudder from heavy throttle application when at around 45 mph is gone.

Edited to add: My engine is the T5e.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Was this the update to the Haldex? I had something done last month after the wife complained about poor snow performance last year. Had a few days up in PDX in snow and freezing rain and the AWD worked better than I expected.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, update to the rear differential. As soon as get some rain or go back to the desert I will be able to test it. But around town nothing feels different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2015.5 T5 XC60 AWD in December and I notice a fair amount of shuddering (?) when under mid-heavy acceleration such as attempting to pass while going up a steep incline.

Just wondering if this update would take care of this? The dealer I bought converted from a Volvo to another brand and the next dealer is a fair drive away... Just hoping I can confirm this should help fix the issue and I can convince the next dealer to perform the update for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just did the 60k service on mine and mentioned the not-quite-complete stop shudder. But instead of a software update, they "reset" it so that it needs to relearn my driving style.

The shudder is gone so I'm happy, but it sounds like I didn't get any sort of updates.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just got that update at my 30k service. I don't drive the car much in snow, so not sure about the Haldex.

I do, however, use the manual shifting mode a lot, and it seems like the previously slightly overly firm 2 to 3 shift is softer, and matches the other shifts.

But it could be wishful thinking. I've only put 70 miles on it since the update.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Had the update applied at 17,000kms... The vehicle defnintly feels different in the lower RPM. Has for haldex performance I haven't noticed a change.. But I run dedicated winter tires and have never really had issues before with traction.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does this update do anything to fix the stupid 2-1 transmission jerk? It happens when you are slowing down to a near stop and then accelerating again. Rather than retype this, I'm just going to quote myself. The problem is mentioned in a couple threads in both the S60 and XC60 forums.

I've noticed an issue with my transmission. During my last service (40K), the dealership updated my transmission software (something I did not ask for or complain about). Since then, I've had a problem when accelerating from almost a stop. If I slow for a stop sign but don't come to a complete stop (barely creeping forward) and then step on the gas, the car tries to accelerate in 2nd, decides 2nd is too high of a gear, and then slams down into first. I am not pressing hard down on the accelerator (car will shift back to 2nd before 2K RPM).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope. My xc60 still does that. But that is kind of expected with an automatic transmission at the speeds your describing. When you are decelerating and accelerate again. If you catch the transmission as it's going down gears and it has to quickly shift back the other way it's going to jerk.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Does this update do anything to fix the stupid 2-1 transmission jerk? It happens when you are slowing down to a near stop and then accelerating again. Rather than retype this, I'm just going to quote myself. The problem is mentioned in a couple threads in both the S60 and XC60 forums.
I have a feeling they are never going to fix this. Soooo annoying, and made moreso by the fact that they introduced the problem in the last update in an attempt to fix the downshift when slowing down(which was much less annoying).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nope. My xc60 still does that. But that is kind of expected with an automatic transmission at the speeds your describing. When you are decelerating and accelerate again. If you catch the transmission as it's going down gears and it has to quickly shift back the other way it's going to jerk.
+1 terribly annoying. My wife does not have this problem because she is more patient than I and will wait the 1/2 second for the tranny to catch up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I disagree. The vehicle did not do this before it received the unwanted "update."

I have a feeling they are never going to fix this. Soooo annoying, and made moreso by the fact that they introduced the problem in the last update in an attempt to fix the downshift when slowing down(which was much less annoying).
I never even noticed the "downshift problem" that was "fixed" with this stupid re-programming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts