SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was on a road trip to the beach. On the way home, I stopped at a rest area, turned off the car, got out, locked it... and heard the heater fan still running. I looked down at the keys in my hand and then back at the car... I eventually pulled the fuse to the heater fan and drove the rest of the way with a warm butt and cold feet.

I took the car to a friend of mine who is a Volvo tech and he could not get the Volvo OBD-II reader to communicate with the HAVC system. He says it is probably a short in the fan motor or my HAVC "brain" is messing up. Has anybody had something like this happen? I'm sick of cold feet and any help would be appriciated. TIA

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: Unusual 855 problem (stealth_brick)

I have a theory that only the Engine Management ECU is ODB-I or -II compliant. And that the other computers -- Air Bags/Service Engine, Transmission, Heat/AC Controls are Volvo proprietary. Have a Volvo dealership read your Heat/AC diagnostic trouble codes.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Check the wiring behind the glovebox. IF theres a short, its back there (ask me how I know). BTW, find out if your radio and dash lights is staying on too. If so, theres a short between the pink wire and AC relay behind the glove box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
stealth- I had the same thing happen last summer. I got out of my car and the damn radio was still on and the hvac fan was running. I pulled the fuse, put it back in- no response. I ended up letting it sit (w/ the fuses out) for a few hours. When I drove it next, I put the fuses back in and at shutdown, everything went back to the norm.

It was a really hot day and I imagined that had something to do with it. But that was pure speculation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts