SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I have no idea what this part is. (see circled area) what is it and what can i do to fix it.
I opened my hood and saw the part looking like the picture.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That would be the vacuum switch for the brake booster. Volvo part number 31400692.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The idiots at NTB broke mine when I was taking advantage of a $35 Synthetic Oil Change deal.
You'll notice your brakes will be softer until the car is completely warmed up.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be the vacuum switch for the brake booster. Volvo part number 31400692.
The idiots at NTB broke mine when I was taking advantage of a $35 Synthetic Oil Change deal.
You'll notice your brakes will be softer until the car is completely warmed up.

thank you both! im going to try to find a replacement.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, look around that area and see if the rest of the part is dangling by the wire. I believe that it's a brown connector.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's a vacuum sensor for the electric vacuum pump located further down and very close to the transmission cover.

You may not notice any difference if it works correctly or not. It is only fitted to later (usually post 2003) models. The vacuum created by the manifold alone will be enough to operste the brakes. Later models have a small vacuum motor to even out vacuum drops upon startup and during heavy braking.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes, look around that area and see if the rest of the part is dangling by the wire. I believe that it's a brown connector.
will do as soon as i have a dry moment ( its raining here in NJ)
*****edit, went out in the dark anyway. mine is 100% broken

It's a vacuum sensor for the electric vacuum pump located further down and very close to the transmission cover.

You may not notice any difference if it works correctly or not. It is only fitted to later (usually post 2003) models. The vacuum created by the manifold alone will be enough to operste the brakes. Later models have a small vacuum motor to even out vacuum drops upon startup and during heavy braking.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
That makes sense, If i can find it ill see what i can do, if not there may be another issue.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found the part ,will be replacing. Replacement is found at ipd, FCP, and eBay.

Volvo part # 31400692

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts